White Christmas Mason Jar Luminaries

Being Crafty 11 minutes ago

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Super easy, pretty (and cheap!) mason jar luminaries for Christmas. I used stencils, glass paint, Mod Podge & salt to make these in under an hour. :)
Time: 1 Hour Cost: $10 Difficulty: Easy
These mason jar luminaries are so easy! You probably have almost all the supplies on hand to make these already, too!
You'll need mason jars, Mod Podge, silver glass paint, foam brushes, stencils, tea lights, ribbon & salt.
This step is totally optional but the snowflakes do add a pretty touch. :) I used some Martha Stewart glass paint snowflake stencils to stencil my jars.
After the paint dried, I coated my mason jar with Mod Podge. Then I just sprinkled salt on my jar.
The salt sticks right to the Mod Podge, and it looks so pretty!
I love how they turned out!
They would make a great centerpiece on a holiday table or even decoration for a winter wedding.

To see more: http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2012/11/white-christmas-mason-jar-luminaries.html

• Anne Alexander
    Anne Alexander Ash Fork, AZ
    Where did you purchase the snowflake stencil? love the luminaries....
  • RUTH M
    RUTH M Spring Hill, FL
    Would Epsom Salts work as well??
    • Charlie Malone
      Charlie Malone Los Angeles, CA
      This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
  • Twila
    Twila Waterford, MI
    I made one of these and really liked the end result...but found just like in the picture you need to display them on a tray of some sort because the salt will fall off and make a mess
  • Suzanne
    Suzanne Gastonia, NC
    I did something a bit different. I wrapped the mason jars with decorative tissue paper that was white with silver glitter on it. Put small gemmed snowflake stickers on the tissue paper, then coated it with Mod Podge. Then I rolled each jar in Epson Salt.
  • Tamara McMillan
    Tamara McMillan Simpsonville, SC
    These are lovely. Have you tried using a clear coat spray as a final touch to keep the salt sealed on to the jars and make them easier to store and clean? Get many years of use from them that way.
Ginger @ GingerSnapCrafts.com

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post