How to Save Money and Live Without Cable

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
We've been living cable free since June 2009 and don't miss it one bit! Here are some tips on how to ditch your cable, take advantage of free HD channels, and try out streaming, internet tv services.
  • How to live without cable and not regret it
  • Our family room, the TV is hiding in the corner
  • Did you know your TV can get you free HD channels?
  • an antenna will save you money
  • it isn't the prettiest, but this antenna brings in 40 free HD channels!

To see more:

• Bernice H
    Bernice H New York, NY
    We are facing this dilemma again, our cable bill just went up to 171(including a LOYALTY discount of 30 dollars, wow! big deal.)?)..from 140, before that it was 120, this is for all 3. Now we are again researching HOW to beat the system ...again! We
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Bernice H If your internet is above 1.5 mbps or so you can stream content through there...most news stations have a highlights or a live stream now and then, I have watched a few
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H New York, NY
    KMS Woodworks Yes Kev, we also have Netflix, I tried hulu and didn't find much I was willing to pay another few dollars for. We have 5 mps, and I understand we can somehow connect the
  • Pat S
    Pat S Titusville, FL
    Bernice H I will eventually go to an outside antenna, meanwhile rabbit ears = no monthly cost. I just have AT&T computer service at $30/month and through my computer I get Vonage
  • Lisa M
    Lisa M Mount Pleasant, SC
    Roku is the way to go, along with a outdoor antenna. The Roku is pretty easy to set up if you have wifi, we have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and antenna- do not miss cable and their outrageous prices.
Ann Marie

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post