How to Save Money and Live Without Cable

08.06.15
We've been living cable free since June 2009 and don't miss it one bit! Here are some tips on how to ditch your cable, take advantage of free HD channels, and try out streaming, internet tv services.
  • How to live without cable and not regret it
  • Our family room, the TV is hiding in the corner
  • Did you know your TV can get you free HD channels?
  • an antenna will save you money
  • it isn't the prettiest, but this antenna brings in 40 free HD channels!

To see more: http://www.whitehouseblackshutters.com/how-to-live-without-cable/

• Bernice H
    Bernice H New York, NY
    We are facing this dilemma again, our cable bill just went up to 171(including a LOYALTY discount of 30 dollars, wow! big deal.)?)..from 140, before that it was 120, this is for all 3. Now we are again researching HOW to beat the system ...again! We
  • Terri J
    Terri J Annapolis, MD
    I love it and there are so many alternatives to spending the day in front of the TV - you can even watch some shows on your computer - so why pay the extra $$$$ if I don't have to???
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Pat S I guess that is one advantage to living in a very flat place...When we tried this some years back here in the mountains we got sound only on 1 channel.
  • Pat S
    Pat S Titusville, FL
    great post to share! I've been using rabbit ears and getting approx. 40 channels; they say if I go outside, I'll get 55!
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    CAROL The part that drove us nuts were all of the doppy commercials. More and more mindless brainwashing for a consumerism society.
  • CAROL
    CAROL Benton, KY
    Hellooo.....it is good to read that some other folks are able to cut the umbilical cord! 5 years ago- after realizing that we really spent more time doing "stuff" than we did watching TV we decided to take the plunge and cancel cable- THE SHOCKER!!?? We
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H New York, NY
    Ann Marie a great post. Thanks for posting . I went to your blog and read the comments, I dont understand it all, but other than golf I could see us doing something like this. We
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H New York, NY
    KMS Woodworks We are in between a rock and a hard place..hubs likes his golf, and I have not seen any up to date golf tourneys /channels any where else other than cable. I wish we could tho.
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Roanna K Aside from the expense, continuous streams of noise, and pleas for your money from hundreds of advertisers. It is possible to be entertained without the commercial
  • Roanna K
    Roanna K Sacramento, CA
    why would you want to live without cable? I have cable AND roku!
    • Penny
      Penny Utica, NY
      Roanna K i cancelled out my cable and saved $150.00 a month...i still see all the shows i want. i went with a different cable co and obviously have a modem and 3 phones for
  • Sharon @ mrs. hines class
    I need to share this with my husband to see if I can persuade him. )
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    We have been satellite free now for almost two years...we have 2 roku boxes. The first year or so we moved the big flat screen tv from the living room to the master bed room. This kept the kids from taking over the "grown up space" they have a small TV
  • Ann Marie
    Ann Marie Saint Charles, IL
    love the idea of making a list, Karina Fernandez ! I will have to try that.
  • Ann Marie
    Ann Marie Saint Charles, IL
    Ginger A I've been wanting to try the Roku! Good to hear your feedback, thank you for commenting. Sounds like that'd be a great Christmas present!
  • Karina Fernandez
    Karina Fernandez Los Angeles, CA
    HULU! The life saver in my house. We make lists of only what we want to watch and get it to it when we get to it.
Ann Marie

Search Feedback