Hometalk.com

23 Comments Displaying 15 of 23 comments | See Previous
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    We have been satellite free now for almost two years...we have 2 roku boxes. The first year or so we moved the big flat screen tv from the living room to the master bed room. This kept the kids from taking over the "grown up space" they have a small TV
  • I need to share this with my husband to see if I can persuade him. )
  • Roanna K Sacramento, CA
    why would you want to live without cable? I have cable AND roku!
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Roanna K Aside from the expense, continuous streams of noise, and pleas for your money from hundreds of advertisers. It is possible to be entertained without the commercial bombardment.
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    KMS Woodworks We are in between a rock and a hard place..hubs likes his golf, and I have not seen any up to date golf tourneys /channels any where else other than cable. I wish we could tho.
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    Ann Marie a great post. Thanks for posting . I went to your blog and read the comments, I dont understand it all, but other than golf I could see us doing something like this. We did have a
  • CAROL Benton, KY
    Hellooo.....it is good to read that some other folks are able to cut the umbilical cord! 5 years ago- after realizing that we really spent more time doing "stuff" than we did watching TV we decided to take the plunge and cancel cable- THE SHOCKER!!?? We
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    CAROL The part that drove us nuts were all of the doppy commercials. More and more mindless brainwashing for a consumerism society.
  • Pat S Titusville, FL
    great post to share! I've been using rabbit ears and getting approx. 40 channels; they say if I go outside, I'll get 55!
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Pat S I guess that is one advantage to living in a very flat place...When we tried this some years back here in the mountains we got sound only on 1 channel.
  • Terri J York, PA
    I love it and there are so many alternatives to spending the day in front of the TV - you can even watch some shows on your computer - so why pay the extra $$$$ if I don't have to???
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    We are facing this dilemma again, our cable bill just went up to 171(including a LOYALTY discount of 30 dollars, wow! big deal.)?)..from 140, before that it was 120, this is for all 3. Now we are again researching HOW to beat the system ...again! We
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Bernice H If your internet is above 1.5 mbps or so you can stream content through there...most news stations have a highlights or a live stream now and then, I have watched a few movies via
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    KMS Woodworks Yes Kev, we also have Netflix, I tried hulu and didn't find much I was willing to pay another few dollars for. We have 5 mps, and I understand we can somehow connect the computer to
  • Pat S Titusville, FL
    Bernice H I will eventually go to an outside antenna, meanwhile rabbit ears = no monthly cost. I just have AT&T computer service at $30/month and through my computer I get Vonage phone service