Dryer Sheet Flowers Tutorial

repurpose Yesterday
Here's an easy project you can make: pretty flowers from used dryer sheets! These flowers look like they're made from tulle or very sheer fabric. Add these to your Fall decor! Complete details on my blog, clickable link below. #falldecor #AutumnColors
  • I added my dryer sheet flowers to a plain grapevine wreath that hangs on the inside of our front door. Our accent color in our home is teal, so this is a perfect "merge" of Fall colors!
  • I show you how simple it is to dye the used dryer sheets using regular black tea. The flowers also look pretty if left in this state, taking on a rustic flair with the light-tan coloring.
  • I used a sprayable dye - outside! - to give the flowers their rich and vibrant coloring.

To see more: http://petscribbles.blogspot.com/2012/09/dryer-sheet-flowers-tutorial.html

• Laura, Pet Scribbles
    Laura, Pet Scribbles Little Egg Harbor, NJ
    Thanks Jenny and Gail! :)
  • Joan
    Joan Hartly, DE
    Great idea! Thanks for sharing. Who knew??? I'll have to get my friends to collect sheets for me. tyvm
  • Laura, Pet Scribbles
    Glad you like this idea, Joan! I've been thinking of making a large bouquet in fun colors for the Spring and Summer, but I've got more loads of laundry to do, first! LOL
  • Paula Chapman
    Paula Chapman Lincolnton, NC
    Love this idea!!! Thank you Laura for sharing...I have 2 grapevine weaths that need this!!!
  • Laura, Pet Scribbles
    Oooh Paula - definitely come back and share a link or picture so I can see the results if you make them! :)
Laura, Pet Scribbles