Hometalk.com

19 Comments Displaying 15 of 19 comments | See Previous
  • These drapes look amazing! I've stencilled on many things, but never tried it on drapes. I may have to try now!
  • Gotta tell ya ladies, I was surprised at how easy it is. The main trick is getting excessive paint off of your roller. You got a put a little oomph into it when you are rolling, but it gives you the cleanest lines. Terri J
  • Those drapes are gorgeous Megan from Balancing Home !! I can't believe you painted those, I have got to try that!! Did it take a long time to do?
  • WOW! I'm blown away at the transformation and how stenciling the curtains took your living room to another level!
  • Tanya Australia
    They look amazing Megan, the whole room looks so different now
  • Tonya Diehl Murphysboro, IL
    They look beautiful!! Great job!
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Megan from Balancing Home - that is a truly gorgeous job of stenciling!! I went to your blog and got all excited about the raffle only to find out it's over. Boo Hoo!! I had to laugh a
  • Karen - The Graphics Fairy it took about an hour a panel. I would do one in the morning, one at night and finished it over a weekend.
  • Thanks Susan S! You were ahead of your time. Thanks for all the kind words girls.
  • Thanks Megan! That's pretty fast!
  • Kristen @ The Modage Cott... Charlottesville, VA
    Megan, my entire home is filled with white curtains and after reading your post, I absolutely plan on adding some stenciling. Hopefully, they will turn out as beautifully as yours....
  • Kristen @ The Modage Cottage I know they will!! Such a more affordable way of updating curtains. I was ready for some vavavoom! ;)
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Megan from Balancing Home - I have an idea!! Since YOU have the stencils and the experience, how about we all send our drapery panels to you - Heck, I'll send whatever 'type' of paint
  • ANITA G Oak Lawn, IL
    nice, but can you use flat paint
  • ANITA G I think you can. Some paints might make for stiff fabric. Definitely worth experimenting on some throw away fabric. Especially if you have a can of paint on hand you would like to use.