Stenciled Drapes to Bring Some Drama to a Room

Decor Ideas 01.19.15
I used a cutting edge stencil and craft paint to create some interest and add some personality to my living room. It was my first true stenciling project and I am so happy with how it turned out.
  • Plain white drapes get dressed up with a stencil and craft paint and bring some color, drama & much needed personality to my living room.

To see more: http://www.balancinghome.com/2012/06/stenciled-drapes-cutting-edge-stencil-giveaway.html

• Kristen @ The Modage Cottage
    Kristen @ The Modage Cott... Charlottesville, VA
    Megan, my entire home is filled with white curtains and after reading your post, I absolutely plan on adding some stenciling. Hopefully, they will turn out as beautifully as yours....
  • Megan from Balancing Home
    Kristen @ The Modage Cottage I know they will!! Such a more affordable way of updating curtains. I was ready for some vavavoom! ;)
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Megan from Balancing Home - I have an idea!! Since YOU have the stencils and the experience, how about we all send our drapery panels to you - Heck, I'll send whatever
  • ANITA G
    ANITA G Oak Lawn, IL
    nice, but can you use flat paint
  • Megan from Balancing Home
    ANITA G I think you can. Some paints might make for stiff fabric. Definitely worth experimenting on some throw away fabric. Especially if you have a can of paint on hand you would like to use.
Megan from Balancing Home