Reclaimed wood flooring made from pallets and such

floors 12.27.14
So I'm not cool enough to post a cool pallet project like so many other Hometalkers have done. But this is almost as cool - I happened across this amazing flooring made from pallets, shipping crates and other used wood. It looks fantastic and seems to be pretty well-liked:

http://viridianwood.com/

• Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Susan, I knew you were going to call me on that. Ha ha. I am still working on it. I know you are shocked to hear that a project is taking longer than I thought, with a toddler
  • Sherrie S
    Sherrie S Debary, FL
    Steve G that floor is beautiful. Just so Susan S is aware that things we do ourselves take time I will admit that I have so many projects and little by little I only finish one. Susan S is the Queen of Rosies so she can always require HER help to do the job.
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    LOL!! Well of course Steve G - you KNOW you can always count on me!! Well, good grief - besides stinky paint - what else does it have going for it. You plannin on the paint job to
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Well - I COULD, but I don't!! LOL Sherrie S!! With respect to the speed at which I get projects started/finished, I'm just like everyone else - a little here, a little more there.
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Actually, part of my problem is that I have painted on about six coats of magnetic primer because it is only slightly magnetic. I have used about half a quart on about three square feet of surface area. Has anyone else run into this problem? I'm about to
  • Trent-Tonya Sharp
    Trent-Tonya Sharp Franklinton, LA
    this is beautiful
  • TaniaC
    TaniaC Fairfield, IL
    Oh WOW Steve G I just went to the site and I am In AWE!!!! I just discovered my new calling for my next project.... Thanks for posting this I'm saving this for further review..Cheers!
  • Suzanne Donzero
    Suzanne Donzero Saint Petersburg, FL
    Can you tell me about how many of the things you used to do this? How many square feet were you able to cover and did you put that gorgeous finish on before or after the boards were in place. I have been trying to find an inexpensive way to recover some
  • Sharon B
    Sharon B Green Bay, WI
    We will all get our things done as we wish for sure.....seems like I have all these ideas and none done....haha
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Suzanne Donzero, my post was clearly misleading. I don't really know much more about this flooring than I mentioned in my post. I have the original 60-year-old hardwoods that
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Steve G - I've never used magnetic paint before. Is there an 800 # for their customer service on the label somewhere? Maybe you could give them a call or go on their website!! It may
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Susan, I think you're right. It's probably only meant to hold little stuff. And I'm not really that worried about it. It's basically doing the job.
  • LeAnn O
    LeAnn O Sioux Falls, SD
    Steve this is beautiful! I want to do this to my whole house and I can get the pallets to do it. Do you nail or screw it to the floor any instructions that you can give would be helpful.thanks
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Hi LeAnn O, I honestly don't know how you would go about making flooring from regular pallets. I think that would be quite a challenge. This is a manufactured product from a
  • Rancher Girl
    Rancher Girl Perry, OK
    We did a pallet wood floor in our home and LOVE IT!!!
Steve G