Turning Thrift Store Wine Bottles into Lamps

lampi 03.09.15
We stumbled across this bunch of bottles at a Goodwill store and couldn't pass them up. They were just so beautiful. With a simple bottle kit and a shade they easily become beautiful lamps similar to Pottery Barn and Ballard has but at a HUGE savings.

To see more: http://ponderedprimedperfected.blogspot.com/2011/12/glass-wine-bottles.html

• Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    I've been collecting so many large wine bottles lately that my hubby started buying his every day wine in the boxes. He thinks we've run out of places to put the empties.
  • Sherry C
    Sherry C Portland, OR
    Ah, poor mice! I think these bottles are so pretty. Especially the gorgeous blue-green color they have. Tell your hubby for me, ain't nothing wrong with wine from a box from time to time!
  • Vicki
    Vicki Smyrna, GA
    love that idea. maybe will do that to change my old parlor lamp to keep it's globe that has pretty painted flower designs on that glass.
  • Storywood Designs
    Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    I love this idea! And lucky duck for scoring all that at Goodwill!
  • Sixteenfourteen
    sixteenfourteen Reston, VA
    WOW! I've never seen a score like that at Goodwill. Your project is awesome. :)
  • Peggy
    Peggy Valparaiso, IN
    i love lamp ideas. This o0ne is awesome. I made a hanging lamp out of a metal strainer.
  • The Monogrammed Home
    These are such a great find!! You re one lucky duck....these sell for hundreds on ebay! I have never been able to find these anywhere, I always keep my eyes open at yard sales etc. Nice Job!!
  • Rachel Greathouse Design
    Love these!
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    I absolutely love wine bottles. I have that motif in my house in a couple of places. Last Thanksgiving we shared a bottle of wine with my daughter and family. For Christmas, she put a small string of white lights inside and gave it to me for a present! I
  • Sherry C
    Sherry C Portland, OR
    Jeanette S ~ that all sounds so lovely! I still have several bottles I could fill with lights! Unfortunately these already had lost their labels when we found them.
  • Reba Savage
    Reba Savage Monticello, KY
    really nice
  • Darlenegreen
    Darlenegreen Austria
    I saw one that had a fish aquarium in the bottom part and it was sooooooooo cool... wonder how you do that?
  • Angelina
    angelina San Diego, CA
    I saw a chandelier once. I saved wine bottles. I cleaned them (lots of work) but after a while, I just put them in the recycling can. I never found the "How to" I would love to make it. Anyone can help?
  • Sara Adams Vieira
    These two water bottles were next to a bin. We transformed them into these lamps (on the left of the photo)
Sherry C