Turning Thrift Store Wine Bottles into Lamps

We stumbled across this bunch of bottles at a Goodwill store and couldn't pass them up. They were just so beautiful. With a simple bottle kit and a shade they easily become beautiful lamps similar to Pottery Barn and Ballard has but at a HUGE savings.
  • A simple lamp kit transforms these beautiful bottles into a lamps.
  • Thrift Store wine bottles and an inexpensive lamp kit are all you need to create a lamp that compares to those sold at Pottery Barn and Ballard for upwards of $99 for the smallest available.

To see more: http://ponderedprimedperfected.blogspot.com/2011/12/glass-wine-bottles.html

• Sara Adams Vieira
    Thank you, all the materials except the backsplash tiles were recycled materails, doors, windows, etc made into kitchen cabinets
  • Sara Adams Vieira
    These two water bottles were next to a bin. We transformed them into these lamps (on the left of the photo)
  • Angelina
    angelina San Diego, CA
    I saw a chandelier once. I saved wine bottles. I cleaned them (lots of work) but after a while, I just put them in the recycling can. I never found the "How to" I would love to make it. Anyone can help?
  • Darlenegreen
    Darlenegreen Austria
    I saw one that had a fish aquarium in the bottom part and it was sooooooooo cool... wonder how you do that?
  • Reba Savage
    Reba Savage Monticello, KY
    really nice
  • Sherry C
    Sherry C Portland, OR
    Jeanette S ~ that all sounds so lovely! I still have several bottles I could fill with lights! Unfortunately these already had lost their labels when we found them.
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    I absolutely love wine bottles. I have that motif in my house in a couple of places. Last Thanksgiving we shared a bottle of wine with my daughter and family. For Christmas, she put a small string of white lights inside and gave it to me for a present! I
  • Rachel Greathouse Design
    Love these!
  • The Monogrammed Home
    These are such a great find!! You re one lucky duck....these sell for hundreds on ebay! I have never been able to find these anywhere, I always keep my eyes open at yard sales etc. Nice Job!!
  • Peggy
    Peggy Valparaiso, IN
    i love lamp ideas. This o0ne is awesome. I made a hanging lamp out of a metal strainer.
Sherry C

Search Feedback