3 DIY Fabric Softener Recipes: Vinegar! Baking Soda! Hair Conditioner!

I learned 3 DIY fabric softener recipes from one of my favorite bloggers, Sayward Rebhal. The first: Add vinegar to the rinse cycle of your wash. The second: Mix 6 cups vinegar and 1 cup baking soda. Add 1/2 to 1 cup during the rinse cycle. The third: Mix 6 parts water with 3 parts vinegar and 2 parts hair conditioner. Mix it all up in a container (stirred, not shaken) and then use ½ cup (or less, as needed) per load.

Learn more: http://www.networx.com/article/3-easy-homema...

• Vinegar is present in all three recipes for DIY fabric softener.
  • Baking soda is in one of the recipes.
  • Linda K
    That's right, Steve. I have been using vinegar for the rinse for a long time. It helps for removing odors and the detergent remains and my hard water deposits. I use it in place of Rinse Aid in the dishwasher too, and my dishes never were so clean. The
    • Shelbybella
      shelbybella Marshalltown, IA
      Linda K ...I have used vinegar for years as my rinse aid in the D/W. Isnt it great ???!! AND cleans the DW at the same time ! I use vinegar for a lot of things....soak your whites
  • Andrea S
    Andrea S Canada
    I have been adding vinegar to the laundry and stopped using fabric softener sheets. It works great and I love it. The clothes come out smelling nice, not like vinegar. I am experimenting with vinegar in the dishwasher. While I don't see the sparkling
  • Kim Palmeruk
    I always use just plain vinegar. Just fill the dispenser to the top. Cheap, no vinegar smell either.
  • Audrey
    Audrey Slayton, MN
    I used to use 4 Tlb's vinegar in my rinse cyle for my babies clothes, by orders of my doctor, because my son had such sensitive skin. It worked!
  • Valorie Chapman
    Valorie Chapman Veblen, SD
    I have been using just vinegar in the rinse for a few years now. Works Great and never a smell. Does work better than sheets.

Chaya K