Hometalk.com

Christmas Decor 12.05.13

Christmas Tree in a Trunk

I wanted to change things a little from previous years.I decided to add a simple little tree to my kitchen and skip the family room tree.

You can read more about it here:http://www.whitelacecottage.com/2012/11/kitchen-christmas-tree-in-trunk.html

To see more: http://www.whitelacecottage.com/2012/11/kitchen-christmas-tree-in-trunk.html

24 Comments Displaying 15 of 24 comments | See Previous
  • Anne Chicago, IL
    Thank you so much! I appreciate those with nice comments :-)!
  • Jeff C Broadview Heights, OH
    I like the concept here. The first thing I think of is how that tree actually fits in the trunk lol.
  • Jerilynn Bokor La Mesa, CA
    Love the idea. We have a small area in family room and we decided not to bring out the big tree this year.
  • Anne Chicago, IL
    Jeff the tree stand fits perfectly in the bottom of this trunk. I had the right size for this tree!
  • Joy L Magnolia, TX
    I really like the entire idea of putting the tree base in the trunk. What a wonderful change up on the usual--it also hides the base so nicely and keeps things fresh. Thank you for the great idea!
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    Anne, your tree is so charming! I love this idea.
  • Tracy W Orland Park, IL
    Yay a fellow Illinoian! :-) Your room is gorgeous and your "tree trunk" is completely charming. Well done and Happy Holidays!
  • Anne Chicago, IL
    Thank you!

Hey Tracy cool to see someone in the area on here :-)

• Janel Hutton Cushing, WI
    How clever is that!!! This is adorable...everything looks gorgeous!
  • Anne Chicago, IL
    Thank you Janel!
  • Jenni Cefalu Milwaukee, WI
    Great idea, especially if it's a small, fake tree. The trunk can double as tree storage when you're done. We use an old trunk as a coffee table/ storage unit.
  • Anne Chicago, IL
    Thank you Jenni.Yes this trunk is from my inspiration/craft room.I used it to store packing and paper supplies.After Christmas it will go back into that room.
  • Anne Chicago, IL
  • Rachel Medina Ogallala, NE
    I have to save this idea for next year:)
  • Anne Chicago, IL
    Thank you Rachel! I was lucky that this tree stand fit perfectly in this trunk!