Making birdbaths for Christmas gifts

Garden 04.19.16
I am back from Michigan and enjoying the beautiful Texas weather. Working in the yard and whipping it back into shape after my three month absence. My children have inhereted my love of gardening so I have decided to make them birdbaths for their gardens.

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Sharon S Smith
    Sharon S Smith Marks, MS
    I work with children ages 8-14 do you think they could do this?
  • Katie
    Katie Canada
    This is so cool, Victoria! As soon as the 4 feet of snow is gone at my house, I'm going to make one of these. Well, I'll have to wait for the rhubarb and sunflowers :-)
  • Sherie Walden
    Sherie Walden Purcell, OK
    I used the reverse concept to make stepping stones several years ago. they turned out wonderful. I may try this one this summer. this kind of thing is so much fun.
  • Sunshineintampa
    sunshineintampa Wesley Chapel, FL
    OMG thanks for sharing! Now I cant wait to play with concrete and make a few.
  • Victoria
    Victoria Lockhart, TX
    Just saw post about fountains. When using the castor beans I did some with the stem left long and when I pulled the leaf off it had a natural opening for the pump hose. You can use a wooden dowel or I suppose a stick for the same purpose. I just made a
  • Victoria
    Victoria Lockhart, TX
    If I understand your question, I did not remove it. I did that on purpose as I wanted to make it look centuries old and worn. This is where I allowed the cement to run over the edge of the leaf and clump in the mulch. Normally I use sand and clean up the
  • Cindy
    Cindy Acworth, GA
    I am also curious how you removed the clumping concrete from the orioginal pict of the bath?
  • Cindy
    Cindy Acworth, GA
    This is beautiful Victoria. Do you have any picts that show it in your garden?
  • Cindy Luby
    Cindy Luby Plano, TX
    I really like this. My top broke on my bird bath and you can't just buy the top. Your a genius. lc
  • Cindy
    Cindy Acworth, GA
    I love this am going to make one
  • Pam Payne Dyson
    Pam Payne Dyson Brainerd, MN
    I made a fountain with this same technique by taking two leave with the stems coming into the middle...cutting one stem off and keep the other to allow a small hole for the fountain tube! Worked really well!
  • Kathy Piecek
    Kathy Piecek Loxahatchee, FL
    What a great creative idea....thanks for sharing...have to make some!!
  • Sharon W
    this is Awesome Victoria ... Thanks for sharing!
  • Beverly P
    Beverly P Sterling Heights, MI
    I would like to make this into a fountain. Any suggestions on how to do that? I would suppose you have to make a hole for the tube to come up through?? Love this and have wanted to do it for a long time but didn't know how, thank you for sharing!
  • Shirley R
    Shirley R Marietta, GA
    Love the bird bath idea out of concrete!!! I'm going to make one!!!
Victoria