A bathroom makeover... minus Mr. 'Big Honkin' Vanity'.

Son in law 7 days ago

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I use to detest this bathroom. So much so, that I had the guys throw the big ugly vanity to the curb. It was like a ray of sunshine came down because the room doubled in size and I knew I could do something cool with it. And the rest is history.

• Even a small bathroom stands half a chance if you choose your stuff wisely. A ladder for towel storage truly rocks as it takes so little real estate.
  • Toilet paper storage at it's junkiest. This simple storage solution went semi viral all over the land. Gotta love when the world knows and loves where you store your toilet paper, huh? (Scotts brand since we're at it)
  • Ohhh and then there's my numbered headboard with a ridiculous amount of hooks. They must be broken though because my son still drops everything on the floor.
  • You have to see the before. See that vanity?! It took up half the room. Ever try changing in a closet? Wait... a yellowed yellow closet. Yeah. That.
  • Here, I knew you'd want a closeup of this creature of beauty. Do you like the open air drawer? Class all the way.
  • I love you big wide open spaces (NON HONKIN' VANITY) bathroom!

To see more: http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2012/11/a-bathroom-with-ladder-and-famous.html

• Chessapp
    Chessapp Scottsdale, AZ
    Well done. Such an inspirational post on bathroom makeover..
  • Cory Schaefer
    Cory Schaefer Oshkosh, WI
    I have now found what to do with the ladder that came with my kids bunk beds.
  • Sahirah Fox
    Sahirah Fox Henderson, NC
    Loving the ladder I that you used as a Towel Bar. I am real sick of all the clean towels being used and thrown of my Shower Glass Doors. I am definitely going to try this! Great work! God bless your ability to repurpose and thing "outside" the box!
  • Craftbuilt Kitchens
    The bathroom is looking great! I really love this makeover especially the repurposed ladder.
  • Sharon Romanowski Castaldi
    Absolutely love this! Love the wall color also. Do you happen to know what color name and brand you used?
FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post