A bathroom makeover... minus Mr. 'Big Honkin' Vanity'.

06.10.15
I use to detest this bathroom. So much so, that I had the guys throw the big ugly vanity to the curb. It was like a ray of sunshine came down because the room doubled in size and I knew I could do something cool with it. And the rest is history.

#BeforeandAfter

#StorageSolutions

#HomeAccessores

#SmallSpaces

#Makeover

#BathroomIdeas

• Even a small bathroom stands half a chance if you choose your stuff wisely. A ladder for towel storage truly rocks as it takes so little real estate.
  • Toilet paper storage at it's junkiest. This simple storage solution went semi viral all over the land. Gotta love when the world knows and loves where you store your toilet paper, huh? (Scotts brand since we're at it)
  • Ohhh and then there's my numbered headboard with a ridiculous amount of hooks. They must be broken though because my son still drops everything on the floor.
  • You have to see the before. See that vanity?! It took up half the room. Ever try changing in a closet? Wait... a yellowed yellow closet. Yeah. That.
  • Here, I knew you'd want a closeup of this creature of beauty. Do you like the open air drawer? Class all the way.
  • I love you big wide open spaces (NON HONKIN' VANITY) bathroom!

To see more: http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2012/11/a-bathroom-with-ladder-and-famous.html

• Side Effect
    Side Effect Australia
    Great Job! I like it. (y)
  • Candy Yllt
    Candy Yllt Santa Monica, CA
    excellent job!!! I just saw this blog on bathroom makeovers and that (coupled with your post) gave me some inspiration! https://lotplans.com/blog/20-luxury-bathroom...
  • Carol Jones Palmer Young
    Love it! The wood window shutter is an awesome accent!
  • Carol
    Carol Henderson, NV
    Beautiful bathroom! I love the wall color. Can you tell me what paint you used?
  • Focal Point Hardware
    Focal Point Hardware Brooklyn, NY
    Great job! You really opened up the space, and it looks awesome!
  • Julz Goldfarb-Carver
    Julz Goldfarb-Carver Indialantic, FL
    I agree with Elaine.I just moved into my new house from a house that I thought that had a small bathroom and didn't think the next place I'd move into could possibly an even smaller bathroom. Well I was wrong! I have a pedestal sink in my new bathroom
  • Elaine Simmons
    Elaine Simmons Florence, AZ
    It is very pretty but I have used a sink like that at my son,s house and it was not practical. There was no place to sit anything when getting ready. Personally, I would never put a sink in like that but I hope you like yours!
  • Cecilia Bramhall
    Cecilia Bramhall Pflugerville, TX
    wow! What a transformation!!
  • Wendy D
    Wendy D Hubbard, OH
    Oh my! I absolutely love it!!! I'm positive that the hooks are broken, I have that same problem with my 2 boys!! Just beautiful!!!
  • Jean
    Jean Butte, MT
    Well, I'm jealous of all that room you have. After I put that big vanity in my bathroom, I had a "doh!" moment. I realized I could have/should have just put two pedestal sinks in there! Doh!
  • FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna
    Jean , not all large vanities are bad ones, I'm truly jealous of your newfound space and I'm sure it's gorgeous! The one I had in this tiny little bathroom was simply not working out. :) Thank-you everyone!
  • Terri J
    Terri J Annapolis, MD
    Love your entire "new bathroom." I remember when you just had the t.p. w/ license plate displayed. It's great to see the entire room now - wondeful job!!!
  • Jean
    Jean Butte, MT
    It looks great! Oddly enough I just added a big honkin' vanity to my tiny bathroom. I love the storage and double sinks.
  • Ellen Johnson
    Ellen Johnson Colorado Springs, CO
    It's gorgeous...but a practical question...where do you store your hairbrush, makeup, toothbrush and other essential clobber?
  • Town and Country Living
    Beautiful! All of it!
FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna