How to Chalk Paint Furniture with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

Took a circa 1970's china hutch and transformed it completely with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. It is an amazing before and after. Be sure to visit my post to see all the details (and be entertained by my hubby as he shares the process!) Lovin' our first project with chalk paint!

Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.martysmusings.net/2012/11/china-hutch-makeover-with-annie-sloan-chalk-paint.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Grainne
    grainne Milford, PA
    Beautigful, the paint totally transformed what to me at first glance, was an ugly cabinet. Difficult to imagine paint could make such an astounding difference.
  • Jeannierose
    Jeannierose Candor, NY
    Oh HELP! I want to decopage on a chalk painted bookcase. Do I apply the decopage before or after waxing?
    • Jeannierose
      Jeannierose Candor, NY
      Marty's Musings I'm applying vintage wallpaper this time...the glue is so old it no longer sticks, so will have to use Mod Podge or Elmer's, but sometimes I apply paper,
  • Lulusugarcookie
    How much pain t did you use?
    • Marty's Musings
      Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
      Lulusugarcookie All the details are in the link but we had a quart of each color. There are other brands that you can use now that are less expensive like DecoArt chalk paint at Home Depot.
  • Snapoutofit
    Snapoutofit Hillsboro, OR
    Very nice. Could the design on the doors be easily removed if you didn't like the look?
    • Denise
      Denise Griffin, GA
      I removed all the design on my bedroom furniture for a smooth front . It looked like wood but was actually a molded plastic nailed in place, the old Mediterranean style. A few small nail holes to be filled . Used screwdriver and hammer to pry off.
  • Ruthfinest2
    Ruthfinest2 Chula Vista, CA
    Is it expensive to buy chalk paint? Nice job
Marty's Musings