How to Chalk Paint Furniture with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

Paint 6 hours ago

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
#BeforeandAfter #favoriteroom #Recycle #KitchenStorage

Took a circa 1970's china hutch and transformed it completely with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. It is an amazing before and after. Be sure to visit my post to see all the details (and be entertained by my hubby as he shares the process!) Lovin' our first project with chalk paint!

Difficulty: Moderate
  • The finished project.
  • The finished piece (although we still distress and paint some more here and there as we search for the exact look we want).
  • China Hutch before. Window and door have already been removed.
  • Adding the Pure White.
  • Details of the intricate design on the doors.

To see more:

• Grainne
    grainne Milford, PA
    Beautigful, the paint totally transformed what to me at first glance, was an ugly cabinet. Difficult to imagine paint could make such an astounding difference.
  • Jeannierose
    Jeannierose Candor, NY
    Oh HELP! I want to decopage on a chalk painted bookcase. Do I apply the decopage before or after waxing?
    • Jeannierose
      Jeannierose Candor, NY
      Marty's Musings I'm applying vintage wallpaper this time...the glue is so old it no longer sticks, so will have to use Mod Podge or Elmer's, but sometimes I apply paper,
  • Lulusugarcookie
    How much pain t did you use?
    • Marty's Musings
      Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
      Lulusugarcookie All the details are in the link but we had a quart of each color. There are other brands that you can use now that are less expensive like DecoArt chalk paint at Home Depot.
  • Snapoutofit
    Snapoutofit Hillsboro, OR
    Very nice. Could the design on the doors be easily removed if you didn't like the look?
    • Marty's Musings
      Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
      Snapoutofit I'm not sure that the wood could be removed but you could certainly paint over it. I love the detailing so painting over it would be my first option.
  • Ruthfinest2
    Ruthfinest2 Chula Vista, CA
    Is it expensive to buy chalk paint? Nice job
Marty's Musings

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post