Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

A Nailhead Trim Dresser

Backyard Escapes 7 days ago
I recently worked with a client to create a small chest of drawers for her guest bedroom. She sent me an inspiration picture of a dresser adorned with nail head trim. Even though the finished product doesn't reflect my style, it does a great job of reflecting hers. It was a lot of fun to move outside my comfort zone and try something new on a piece of furniture! I tend to always go for the "safe" option and I loved working with someone unafraid to think outside the box. Read the details of how the transformation was completed by clicking the link.

To see more: http://www.storywooddesigns.com/2012/11/29/a-little-trim-here-a-little-trim-there/

9 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Holly, this is absolutely stunning!! I think the nailhead trim adds such a unique personality to this otherwise ordinary - nothing special about it chest!! You took it from ho hum to extraordinary. I especially like taking the nailhead design around to
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Terrie Kaufman
    Terrie Kaufman Vancouver, WA
    What a fun idea....................I just may have to try this as I always keep pretty upholstery nails in my studio. Thanks
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H Yakima, WA
    And I love it also! Very unique.How did you ever think to do this? How long did it take? I am supposing you made a pattern first? Very clever ! Beautiful!!!
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H Yakima, WA
    Well , it never hurts to check out the link first! My questions are answered , except how long did it take you?
  • Storywood Designs
    Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Thank you so much Susan S - what a big compliment! Wish I could say I came up with the inspiration, but that was all my client. I'm so glad she pushed me out of my comfort zone to try something new.
  • Storywood Designs
    Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Terrie Kaufman ... you should definitely give it a try! It was a lot of fun to play with the design and the nails. I had to make myself stop!
  • Storywood Designs
    Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Thank you Bernice H - it took about an hour of work over 3 nights, so not too bad! Some of that was my learning curve... once I figured out a process that worked, it moved quickly.
  • Jenny@thelavendermagnolia
    Jenny@thelavendermagnolia Fuquay Varina, NC
    Love it Holly. My favorite piece of yours so far. Unless you could call the diamond painted floors "a piece". Then the dresser would come in second! Love how unique the nailhead trim makes the piece. Would have never thought of using it.
  • Storywood Designs
    Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Thank you so much Jenny@thelavendermagnolia !! Hope you have had a great weekend!
Storywood Designs