A Nailhead Trim Dresser

Decor Ideas 05.25.15
I recently worked with a client to create a small chest of drawers for her guest bedroom. She sent me an inspiration picture of a dresser adorned with nail head trim. Even though the finished product doesn't reflect my style, it does a great job of reflecting hers. It was a lot of fun to move outside my comfort zone and try something new on a piece of furniture! I tend to always go for the "safe" option and I loved working with someone unafraid to think outside the box. Read the details of how the transformation was completed by clicking the link.

To see more: http://www.storywooddesigns.com/2012/11/29/a-little-trim-here-a-little-trim-there/

• Storywood Designs
    Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Thank you so much Susan S - what a big compliment! Wish I could say I came up with the inspiration, but that was all my client. I'm so glad she pushed me out of my comfort zone to try something new.
  • Storywood Designs
    Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Terrie Kaufman ... you should definitely give it a try! It was a lot of fun to play with the design and the nails. I had to make myself stop!
  • Storywood Designs
    Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Thank you Bernice H - it took about an hour of work over 3 nights, so not too bad! Some of that was my learning curve... once I figured out a process that worked, it moved quickly.
  • Jenny@thelavendermagnolia
    Jenny@thelavendermagnolia Fuquay Varina, NC
    Love it Holly. My favorite piece of yours so far. Unless you could call the diamond painted floors "a piece". Then the dresser would come in second! Love how unique the nailhead trim makes the piece. Would have never thought of using it.
  • Storywood Designs
    Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Thank you so much Jenny@thelavendermagnolia !! Hope you have had a great weekend!
Storywood Designs