Faux Fireplace Pallet Wood "Fire Box"

Gifts 11.21.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I was not happy with the "fire box" area of my faux fireplace so I grabbed a free pallet and decided to use the classic herringbone pattern to warm up my mantel. Visit my blog to see how I did it.
  • pallet wood "fire box insert
  • pallet wood laid in a herringbone pattern
  • pallet wood "firebox" insert for a faux fireplace
  • before and after. Rustic pallet wood warms up a cold 'fire box"

To see more: http://www.blueroofcabin.com/2012/11/faux-mantel-updated-with-rustic-wood.html

• Renee Butler
    Renee Butler Portage, MI
    It's beautiful. You did a great job on it.
  • AudreyGreenwood
    AudreyGreenwood Australia
    Very nicely done! SO symmetrical and even; and pretty too! Even if I had managed to clean up my items out of my wooden moving boxes I probably would not have the creative skill to be able to do this if I got a contractor to come and get it done for me.
  • MarcioWilges
    MarcioWilges Australia
    This is a really nice idea as a fireplace idea without having to go through the actual hassle of moving around firewood for an actual fire. Nicely done!
  • Patty Binns
    Patty Binns Cleveland, OH
    Very nice idea...I might need to make one of these...
  • Charro534
    Beautiful! Great job...
Blue Roof Cabin

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post