Holiday Amaryllis & Paperwhite Bulb Planter

Christmas 07.29.15
The wonderful holiday plantings I loved at Terrain were $125, so I set out to make my own for less than $20. Using an amaryllis I already had, another I bought at a discount store for $4.00, plus eight paperwhite bulbs at $1.00 each, moss from the yard and a zinc planter that cost $2.00 at a yard sale ~ my total came to just $14.00. I topped it with some dried red maple leaves and the moss so it is colorful as the plants grow.
* Plus, I'll have the amaryllis for years to come and more holiday planters!
Time: 1 Hour Cost: $14 Difficulty: Easy
  • The finished zinc planter with dried moss and red leaf accents for color until the blooms arrive!
  • Here's all you need ~ a container, moss (fresh & dried), amaryllis and paperwhite bulbs and potting soil.
  • Place the amaryllis bulbs in first, then nestle paperwhites around them. Push them firmly into the soil and water.
  • Put potting soil up to the top of the paperwhites and water again. Now you are ready to dress it up with moss. I used dried and fresh mosses and some red maple leaves to provide color.

To see more: http://ourfairfieldhomeandgarden.com/diy-project-save-money-by-creating-your-own-fancy-potted-paperwhites-amaryllis-bulb-gardens-as-holiday-gifts-or-decorations/

Barb Rosen

Search Feedback