Hometalk.com

Plants & Flowers 04.10.14

Pinecone Craft: Mini Pinecone Tree Pots

You can make these in 15 minutes! Yes, it's true! (Click on blog link below for details.) I've wanted to make something with the small pinecones I find in our backyard. Inspiration struck when I saw a photo online at Better Homes & Gardens... #HolidayCheer
Time: 15 Minutes Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://petscribbles.blogspot.com/2012/12/pinecone-crafts-mini-pinecone-tree-pots.html

22 Comments Displaying 15 of 22 comments | See Previous
  • Lou Lafayette, LA
    Cute!
  • Laura, Pet Scribbles Little Egg Harbor, NJ
    Diana Culver - that is a fantastic idea to use these as the gift "box" for a little present - a gift within a gift! Thanks for the idea! Thanks also, Lou!
  • Jaye L Brighton, CO
    That, by far, is one of the cutest ideas I've seen for pine cones in ages! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Love this Laura The Shed, a blog by Pet Scribbles ! And thanks for participating in our series! :)
    Angie CountryChicCottage -- I had so much fun being part of your series! And it definitely challenged my "time management skills" too! ;) Thanks so much for letting me play!
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Adorable! Wouldn't this be a great project for a bunch of kids! Have an arts and crafts birthday party for Oct/Nov/Dec birthdays. Paint the pots in advance then all you would need is glue and glitter. I use Elmer's all purpose glue and add a drop of
    That sounds like a great idea for a kids party, Jeanette S! (I like your tip about the Elmer's glue to spread easier too.)
  • Love using nature for art! so cute:)
  • Kathryn Belton, TX
    love these so cute....I did some fun with pine cones too...and have yu seen the trees where she clipped and then adhered to a tree form...fun stuff...www.katskalamities.blogspot.com
  • Terri J York, PA
    Whoever said nice presents don't come in small packages have never seen these. They are just too adorable!
  • Rosalie M Kingston, PA
    What a nice favor these would make if you were having a holiday dinner party or just a hostess gift. Great idea.
  • Lyndi F Reidsville, NC
    Do you glitter paint at a craft store or somewhere like Lowe's?
  • CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    Love it Laura... I live in Georgia and I sending out Georgia pine cones tree pots... and I will give you the props... :)
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Lyndi F I used Martha Stewart Course Glitter Paint that can be found at Michaels stores (craft store) and online via Plaid Crafts. CeeJai J