Stress Free Party Tips

Party Ideas 09.02.14

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
It's party season - here are my tips on enjoying the party and your guests!

1) Music - get in the party mood

2) Cocktails - a signature cocktail and wine instead of full bar

3) Food - make ahead as much as possible and not the time for trying new recipes

4) Candles - sets a festive mood

5) Simple Decorations - look in your pantry for what's on hand like marshmallows in my cloche!

See more here:

• 5) Simple Decorations & 4) Candles - Elevate something simple to give it importance like this cloche from @Wayfair filled with marshmallows. My white Christmas (also from @Wayfair) tree full of vintage mason jars is the focal point!
  • 3) Food - simple recipes that you can make ahead are key like these rosemary walnuts (find the recipe at
  • 3) Food - set out supplies (like this coffee bar) before the party so you're not scrambling for mugs or sugar at last minute
  • 2) Make a festive cocktail and set out glasses and wine and water on a tray for an instant makeshift bar
  • 5) Simple Decorations - a fun touch for this milestone birthday includes a picture walk down memory lane
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    Kelly,looks like this was an awesome party! The coffee bar is my favorite - not just because of the mugs. :)
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Nice mugs. And Kevin, we hosted a little shindig yesterday with mulled cider on the stove - and rum on the side for the grownups. Also had a hot chocolate bar - with Bailey's on the side.
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    Kevin & Steve - now you know how to party!
  • Redfly Creations
    Redfly Creations Forney, TX
    Thanks for the tips!
  • BarinaCraft
    BarinaCraft Dublin, OH
    Great tips. Always a good idea to somewhat limit your drinks menu, especially for large parties.
Eclectically Vintage - Kelly

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post