Make A Christmas Tree Crate (Hide that Ugly Stand)

12.08.14
For years I have hated the green and red plastic monster under the Christmas tree. I have tried to hide it, ignore it, come to terms with it...but nothing works.BUT not this year. In about 2 hours total, I whipped up a simple rustic crate (about a 26" x 26" square) to house the tree...best yet I do not have to look at the ugly stand but get the peace of mind of knowing that plastic monster is protect my hardwood floors from water damage etc.

I only needed 5 pieces of 1x4x10 pine cut into the right dimensions (6 - 26", 9 - 25") about 2 dozen +/- wood screws, some wood stain and paint to create this Christmas Tree crate that look as though it could have fallen off Santa's sled.

• Ebony Varathane Stain and a simple white stencil.
  • This stain went on so smoothly and dried super quick. I only needed 1 coat to get the look I wanted.
  • Fitting my box all together - I did not do a solid bottom.
  • The tree fit perfectly and now we are ready to decorate!
  • I am thrilled with how quickly this porject came together and how it pulls the look of the tree together and makes it seem so complete.

To see more: http://www.504main.com/2012/12/diy-christmas-tree-crate.html

Holly Lefevre