Hometalk.com

22 Comments Displaying 15 of 22 comments | See Previous
  • DIY Show Off Pittsburgh, PA
    Love this transformation too...it's like I have brand new chairs! Thanks, ladies! :)
  • Kathy Perney Topeka, KS
    I painted my chair about 10 yrs ago. Everyone that sees it wants it. I did not paint the underside of the cushion to show the difference it made. It is just now starting to fade from use alittle.
  • DIY Show Off Pittsburgh, PA
    That's awesome, Kathy! Beautiful job!
  • Carolyn Bostic Springfield, MO
    Read your blog. This looks very pretty. Though I'd never waste that much money and time on cat perches (I'm not a feline fan on a good day anyway).
  • DIY Show Off Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks, Carolyn! But I'm not sure what you're referring to. Because the cat sits on these chairs? I paid $6 each. Or if you're talking about the DIY cat window perch? Again...that was very budget friendly, easy and a quick project (cost of brackets and a
  • P Long Hanover, PA
    Are you able to sit on them after painted?
  • P Long Hanover, PA
    Just reg. Paint?
  • DIY Show Off Pittsburgh, PA
    P, please visit the link above for more details. I am able to sit on them. I used water and latex paint and achieved a vinyl/rough feel which I'm okay with for $6 chairs and can slipcover them in the future. In my blog post, I share a link to another
  • Kathy Perney Topeka, KS
    I used craft paint watered down a bit and painted it on with a brush. It is my favorite chair and is sat in everyday for at least 10 years. Doesn't really fade any either.
  • Dans Handyman Services East Carbon, UT
    very crafty Idea and probably easier then die
  • Becki Ewert Lawrence, KS
    neat idea. I use Rit dye in a spray bottle and saved my old rocker! So easy-just sprayed it on and let it dry. Did not alter the fabric texture one bit.
  • Gabriel D Canada
    Your style is grand. Absolutely love it.
  • V Valencia Downey, CA
    Wow, these chairs look fantastic. I just wonder how the fabric feels when you sit in the chair? You tutorial is really helpful.
  • DIY Show Off Pittsburgh, PA
    Since I didn't use fabric medium, V Valencia, they have more of a vinyl feel...which I'm actually liking (no cat hair). In the link to my tutorial above, I share a link to another site that used fabric medium with good results too. Hope that helps!
  • These look wonderful! I love the final product, you did a wonderful job! I painted a couch about 2 years ago and we still use it daily and it still looks wonderful. I'm working on some chairs right now that I found at Goodwill! I love painting furniture