What Can You Make With a $1 Frame and Some Chicken Wire?

stringLigts Yesterday
When I transformed my master bedroom I wanted a unique way to display and find my earrings. Using a yard sale frame, some metallic paint and chicken wire this DIY project went from boring to fab!
Difficulty: Easy
The finished product.
Lose your jewelry like I used to? Here's unique way to decorate and organize at the same time!
The frame was $1 at a yard sale and I bought it because I loved the intricate design. I wanted a burnished gold look for the frame to blend in with the rest of the bedroom and I also needed to paint over the canvas strip around the inside of the frame.
I used Modern Masters Gold Rush (semi opaque) ME658 for the first coat over the entire frame. I just used a disposable foam craft brush to apply.
I then used a coat of Modern Masters ME221 Warm Silver (opaque) and this worked much better!
All the details for attaching the chicken wire are in the blog post!
Love the way this turned out and I don't lose my earrings anymore!

To see more: http://martysmusings.net/2015/02/diy-framed-jewelry-earring-organizer.html

on This Post

• Debbie Winblad
    Debbie Winblad Sedro Woolley, WA
    You could put it on a hinge so it opens to hook earrings that are stud type.
  • Lorraine Tarbox
    Lorraine Tarbox Coventry, VT
    I did something like this with an antique frame and some of my grandmother's lace and tea towels. I used some old pins with the jewel tops, and hung necklaces.(Sorry, I don't have a picture.)
  • Shirley Kalinosky
    Shirley Kalinosky Philipsburg, PA
    I used this idea when I was making and selling jewelry at the craft fairs. It worked well with just 10 x 13 frames.
  • Sharon wooten
    sharon wooten Oakland, CA
    great idea!
  • F. barwick
    F. barwick Spring Hill, FL
    beautiful!
Marty's Musings