Re-Purposed Tree House Ladder

Memory Garden 04.20.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I am always on the look out for fun and unusual plant containers, AND fun and unusual junk to display my plant containers in and/or on. When I heard that my son was tearing down an old tree house on his property, I told him that I wanted the ladder. #Love2Repurpose #Recycle
Time: 30 Minutes Difficulty: Easy
  • Here are some impatiens planted in a metal minnow bucket and the bucket insert. Holes were punched in the bottoms for drainage.
  • I had my husband add a rubber pad to the top rung and side posts to protect the siding. He also put a large nail in two of the rungs to keep the buckets in place. One of the bucket bottom holes slides over the nail.
  • An old tree house ladder picked up for free adds vertical interest to my minnow bucket plant containers.
  • End of season photo.

To see more:

• Organized Clutter
    Organized Clutter International Falls, MN
  • Carol Brown
    Carol Brown Stockbridge, MI
    Maybe lean it against a large tree to keep termites/ants away from the house. Your choice! And, I have nightly visits from raccoons, so if I did this, they would no doubt tear it apart. I love the look, though.
  • Organized Clutter
    No termites here. Too cold. More squirrel issues than raccoons here,
  • Corine M
    Corine M Coral, MI
    Great idea, thanks for sharing!!
  • Organized Clutter
    Thanks Corine!
Organized Clutter

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post