Re-Purposed Tree House Ladder

Memory Garden 04.20.15
I am always on the look out for fun and unusual plant containers, AND fun and unusual junk to display my plant containers in and/or on. When I heard that my son was tearing down an old tree house on his property, I told him that I wanted the ladder. #Love2Repurpose #Recycle
Time: 30 Minutes Difficulty: Easy
  • Here are some impatiens planted in a metal minnow bucket and the bucket insert. Holes were punched in the bottoms for drainage.
  • I had my husband add a rubber pad to the top rung and side posts to protect the siding. He also put a large nail in two of the rungs to keep the buckets in place. One of the bucket bottom holes slides over the nail.
  • An old tree house ladder picked up for free adds vertical interest to my minnow bucket plant containers.
  • End of season photo.

To see more: http://organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com/2012/07/outdoor-this-and-that-4.html

• Organized Clutter
    Organized Clutter International Falls, MN
    Thanks Corine!
  • Corine M
    Corine M Coral, MI
    Great idea, thanks for sharing!!
  • Organized Clutter
    No termites here. Too cold. More squirrel issues than raccoons here,
  • Carol Brown
    Carol Brown Stockbridge, MI
    Maybe lean it against a large tree to keep termites/ants away from the house. Your choice! And, I have nightly visits from raccoons, so if I did this, they would no doubt tear it apart. I love the look, though.
  • Organized Clutter
    Spirea.
  • Margaret Welker
    Margaret Welker Angleton, TX
    Curious as to what is the bush in front? Creative idea.
  • Organized Clutter
    We have a ton of squirrels in our yard. The do cause mischief too but any of my garden ladders have spikes driven into the rungs that I slip through a hole in the bottom of the pot or pail.
  • Marcia
    Marcia Waldorf, MD
    Do you have any problems with the squirrels knocking them over or digging in the pots? Squirrels love to get into all of my pots.
  • Kathy R
    Kathy R Sparta, GA
    I was thinking termites too - LUCKY, lucky girl not to have to worry about them! Love the look!
  • Organized Clutter
    No termite problems in the north.
  • Margaret K
    Margaret K Acworth, GA
    Looks really cute ~~ but with the wood up against the house and so close to the house at the ground level, all I see is a super highway for the termites to get into your house.
  • Lydia Grey
    Lydia Grey Neosho, MO
    Sweet idea!
  • The Micro Gardener - Anne
    Love vertical gardens with ladders. Thanks for sharing.
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    Watch out little boys and their tree houses around the world, Organized Clutter wants your ladders! I love this!
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    not hard, but not easy either. I like what you've done.
Organized Clutter