Hometalk.com

09.06.13

The 2013 DIY "To Do" List

It's hard to believe - but tomorrow will mark the final day of 2012. With the big ball in Times Square about to drop - it's also time for Mary and I to put up the 2013 DIY "To Do" list on the refrigerator.

We follow the same process each year. We create our own list of goals for what we feel is important for growing the farm. Once complete - we attach a number to the importance of each goal. This year, we decided to pick 24 goals - 2 to accomplish each month. Then, we sit down and read them aloud to each other. It's always amazing to see how similar our goals are – and how close we were to ranking the importance of them. We always write down a few goals the other didn't – and so we work together to come up with the best 24 - and a plan to accomplish them.

Then comes the most important part of all - we put the finished list up on the refrigerator. You see, for us - looking at those goals each and every day, in fact several times a day, serves as motivation and inspiration to attain the ultimate goal of a completely self-sufficient farm.

To see more: http://oldworldgardenfarms.com/2012/12/30/the-2013-goal-list-is-up-on-the-fridge/

3 Comments Displaying 3 of 3 comments
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    One's own honeybee hive would be a glorious thing to have.
  • We can't wait to be able to taste honey from our own hives! Happy New Year Douglas!
  • Stephen Andrew Powell, OH
    How is it that you're 40 minutes away from me and I've never visited your store! I need to come.