The 2013 DIY "To Do" List

In the garden 05.27.15
It's hard to believe - but tomorrow will mark the final day of 2012. With the big ball in Times Square about to drop - it's also time for Mary and I to put up the 2013 DIY "To Do" list on the refrigerator.

We follow the same process each year. We create our own list of goals for what we feel is important for growing the farm. Once complete - we attach a number to the importance of each goal. This year, we decided to pick 24 goals - 2 to accomplish each month. Then, we sit down and read them aloud to each other. It's always amazing to see how similar our goals are – and how close we were to ranking the importance of them. We always write down a few goals the other didn't – and so we work together to come up with the best 24 - and a plan to accomplish them.

Then comes the most important part of all - we put the finished list up on the refrigerator. You see, for us - looking at those goals each and every day, in fact several times a day, serves as motivation and inspiration to attain the ultimate goal of a completely self-sufficient farm.

• Our 2013 DIY "To Do" List
  • We want to build our recycled window greenhouse this year - using this Pinterest find as inspiration
  • The List as it appears on our Fridge
  • Getting our first Honey Bee Hive Is High On The List
  • Hopefully, the New Year bring a new and larger chicken coop for our girls.

To see more: http://oldworldgardenfarms.com/2012/12/30/the-2013-goal-list-is-up-on-the-fridge/

Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    One's own honeybee hive would be a glorious thing to have.
  • Old World Garden Farms
    We can't wait to be able to taste honey from our own hives! Happy New Year Douglas!
  • Stephen Andrew
    Stephen Andrew Powell, OH
    How is it that you're 40 minutes away from me and I've never visited your store! I need to come.
  • Susan
    Susan Stillwater, OK
    I followed your raised row garden how to and Wow!! My garden is beautiful and sooo productive!!!
Old World Garden Farms