Green Alternative to Poly for your hardwood flooring

Dream Home 08.30.14
Just finishing up a multiple room floor refinish. Flooring is finished with a single coat of a natural Zero VOC product called Monocoat. Application is simple and fast, and the results are beautiful.
  • SheilaG, Plum Doodles
    It looks beautiful! Do you need to completely remove old poly to use this? Our floors desperately need to be refinished, would love to do it myself, but scared of those big sanders!
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    SheilaG, Plum Doodles this needs to be applied to bare wood. If you rent a pad sander they are pretty user friendly. It will just take you more time because they are not as aggressive.
  • SheilaG, Plum Doodles
    Thanks, Kevin- I'd rather take more time than accidentally sand myself into the basement! :)
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    we are painting the house now, we plan on re-doing our floors after Christmas and plan on trying this. Does it come in eggshell, satin, semi-gloss and gloss?
  • Kim G
    Kim G Liberty Hill, TX
    I have "paper bag" flooring (done of concert floor) the technique of poly and brown craft paper and 3 or 4 layers of poly. On our living room floor I used a brown stain over the paper and then poly. The poly is water based and stain is oil based with
    • Nancy Spencer Carlson
      Kim G great insight on the issues with paperbag floors. Haven't seen that anywhere, just the raves about how great they look (which they do, done right.)
KMS Woodworks