Green Alternative to Poly for your hardwood flooring

old house 04.15.16
Just finishing up a multiple room floor refinish. Flooring is finished with a single coat of a natural Zero VOC product called Monocoat. Application is simple and fast, and the results are beautiful.

on This Post

• Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    you have done a absolutely beautiful job! I need to redo my floors. Learned the hard way about dry wall dust. It takes the finish right off the floor like sand paper. Thanks I am pinning this so I can use it as a guide.
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    I have a small shop vac that attaches to a extra hose and sanding screen rig for sanding drywall...it catches 99% of the dust the rig will actually "stick" to the walls and ceiling when the vac is running...best investment ever
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    SheilaG, Plum Doodles this needs to be applied to bare wood. If you rent a pad sander they are pretty user friendly. It will just take you more time because they are not as aggressive.
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    we are painting the house now, we plan on re-doing our floors after Christmas and plan on trying this. Does it come in eggshell, satin, semi-gloss and gloss?
  • Kim G
    Kim G Liberty Hill, TX
    I have "paper bag" flooring (done of concert floor) the technique of poly and brown craft paper and 3 or 4 layers of poly. On our living room floor I used a brown stain over the paper and then poly. The poly is water based and stain is oil based with
    • Nancy Spencer Carlson
      Kim G great insight on the issues with paperbag floors. Haven't seen that anywhere, just the raves about how great they look (which they do, done right.)
KMS Woodworks