DIY Painted Upholstered Chair

DIY projects 03.16.15
I didn't like the old pattern on my 1980's wing back chair so I painted the upholstery to give it a new look. See what it looked like before and the technique I used by reading my post.

To see more: http://rustic-crafts.com/?p=8959

• Terri J
    Terri J Annapolis, MD
    WOOOOWWWW!!!!! That is some great transformation you did on your chair. I love the new look!
  • Trent-Tonya Sharp
    Trent-Tonya Sharp Franklinton, LA
    looks great and i have been thinking about doing this so maybe you can answer my questions..does the paint smell last long, does it feel rough or hard, and does it wipe off on your clothes?
  • Rustic Crafts & Chic Decor - Renee
    The paint smell does not last long at all and it doesn't wipe off on clothes. The texture is more stiff (like painted canvas) so I wouldn't do it on furniture I wanted to cuddle up in. But, it is perfect for a side chair and still looks great after
  • Trent-Tonya Sharp
    Trent-Tonya Sharp Franklinton, LA
    thanks that helps
  • Mary Beth
    Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    I have a chair that I have been wanting to paint but I've been too big of a chicken...thanks to you, I think I'll take the leap!
  • Rustic Crafts & Chic Decor - Renee
    That's great Mary Beth! When I did mine I figured what do I have to lose? I definitely didn't like the fabric that was on it so I knew I could always slip cover it or get it reupholstered. It doesn't cost much to experiment with paint :)
  • Mary Beth
    Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    The chair was given to me and it doesn't match anything else in the room...I've just been afraid to ruin it but you're absolutely right...what have I got to lose, Rustic Crafts & Chic Decor - Renee
  • Angela @ Twelve Oaks Manor
    This is wonderful Rustic Crafts & Chic Decor - Renee!! I think I will definitely try this!~~Angela
  • Rustic Crafts & Chic Decor - Renee
    That's great Angela @ Twelve Oaks Manor ! I'll be anxious to see your's when you are finished!
  • Jeanine Wester
    Jeanine Wester Peoria, IL
    Rustic Crafts & Chic Decor - Renee Would love to know how this has held up? I am going to paint a pair of chairs I have and am asking everyone I can find who has done this about the durability!
  • Cindy
    Cindy Springfield, OH
    I also painted a couple of rose colored wingbacks black They are in our family room. Looks great but the material is a little rough. Did you have that problem at all? Do you have any suggestions on softening the cushions?
  • Rustic Crafts & Chic Decor - Renee
    Cindy I didn't have a problem with my chair being too rough. It was a little stiffer than before like a canvas but it has been working out great for me. I have heard of some using a
  • Heather (The Wilson Farm)
    You did such a wonderful job on this! I love the color! I did something similar on a couch about two years ago and use it everyday! Great job! Here's a pic of my couch ( http://blissfullychicdiy.blogspot.com/2014/0... )
Rustic Crafts & Chic Decor - Renee