Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
04.21.14

Why Won't My Heat Turn Off?

An AK employee asks: My thermostat (like the one seen here) has been set to a constant 68 degrees. Today, for some reason, the heat just keeps running and the temp keeps going up and up and up. The batteries are new and I've tried tapping it ;)

The heat will go off when I turn it to off. But no matter what temp it's set on, when you turn it on the heat will just run and run. Anyone had this problem? HVAC experts?

4 Comments Displaying 4 of 4 comments
  • Susan
    Susan Helena, MT
    Probably the sensor is bad---call a repairman.
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
    If this happened right after the batteries were replaced, remove the cover and check the base plate for crossed white and red wire. They may have been bumped together when the cover was replaced.
  • Poh5
    can not move the on and off button can you help I changed the batteries.

Thanks for your help

• Lets Help One Another
    If your heat won't turn off and your thermostat is operating properly (quick check, disconnect it from the wall or take the batteries out) then most likely your valve(s) is/are stuck on. There is a manually lever that you can use to manually open or
AK Complete Home Renovations
  • Likes

Vanetta Langley Doris Conchi