Hometalk.com

22 Comments Displaying 15 of 22 comments | See Previous
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    This is so cool! So fun! Thank you Miriam I for sending me here! I love it. Even hubs said how cool! Jamie how did you ever think of this? And is that a bottle tree in the back ground?????
  • Doug Rusk Gilbert, AZ
    Pretty, looks kind of like gumdrops
  • Bernice H My mom saw it on Pinterest :) She designed the bottle tree too! Miriam I Thanks for sharing on the fb page!!!
  • Perfect whimsy! I'll have to build a fence just so I can do this!
  • Carol fleming Chambersburg, PA
    It will keep the kids entertained for hours, just trying tp pick them out. This is a great idea.
  • I love this look! So very cool. Question: have you had any issues with the fence expanding and contracting and maybe making the marbles fall out? I so want to do this!
  • Rai W Castro Valley, CA
    Looks great but I doubt that pounding marbles into wood will last through a summer into winter when wood expands then shrinks again in the summer. I would add some staples used to mount picture backing to help support the marbles when the wood shrinks.
  • Rai W I'll let you know what happens! it doesn't get very cold here in TX, so fingers crossed :)
  • Jo Anne K The marbles are in there pretty snug! The fence has only been up for about 3 months... but so far, so good!
  • Too cute!
  • Susan Myers Villa Rica, GA
    Absolutely beautiful!
  • Anna Sterling, VA
    Okay...you are kidding right? Now I have to go out and make this happen to my fence. Every time I end up on hometalk, I end up with another awesome project! Thanks for the post! So cool :)
  • Pamela Cody Plainville, CT
    Every since I seen this, I can't wait to get my fence! I already have the marbles, so whimsical and beautiful. Thank you for the idea. :0)
  • Pamela Cody Plainville, CT
    For those in colder parts of the states,maybe drill just a tad larger then the marble.Use wood glue just to snug it in.
  • Kays Palm Harbor, FL
    I did this project on the 64' of fence along my back yard. I cannot tell you how much I love it!! It is whimsical and beautiful and was really easy. I did discover that the marbles push in a lot easier if you wet the fence first. I did a star burst