Marble Fence

Make your fence sparkle with marbles! It's easy... all you need is a drill, rubber mallet, marbles, and a fence! #SpringFever

To see more: http://www.creatingreallyawesomefreethings.com/marble-fence/

• Goose Grove
    Perfect whimsy! I'll have to build a fence just so I can do this!
  • Carol fleming
    Carol fleming Chambersburg, PA
    It will keep the kids entertained for hours, just trying tp pick them out. This is a great idea.
  • Jo Anne K
    I love this look! So very cool. Question: have you had any issues with the fence expanding and contracting and maybe making the marbles fall out? I so want to do this!
  • Rai W
    Rai W Castro Valley, CA
    Looks great but I doubt that pounding marbles into wood will last through a summer into winter when wood expands then shrinks again in the summer. I would add some staples used to mount picture backing to help support the marbles when the wood shrinks.
  • Jamie @ C.R.A.F.T.
    Rai W I'll let you know what happens! it doesn't get very cold here in TX, so fingers crossed :)
  • Jamie @ C.R.A.F.T.
    Jo Anne K The marbles are in there pretty snug! The fence has only been up for about 3 months... but so far, so good!
  • Tammy@Deja Vue Designs
    Too cute!
  • Susan Myers
    Susan Myers Villa Rica, GA
    Absolutely beautiful!
  • Anna
    Anna Sterling, VA
    Okay...you are kidding right? Now I have to go out and make this happen to my fence. Every time I end up on hometalk, I end up with another awesome project! Thanks for the post! So cool :)
  • Pamela Cody
    Pamela Cody Plainville, CT
    Every since I seen this, I can't wait to get my fence! I already have the marbles, so whimsical and beautiful. Thank you for the idea. :0)
  • Pamela Cody
    Pamela Cody Plainville, CT
    For those in colder parts of the states,maybe drill just a tad larger then the marble.Use wood glue just to snug it in.
  • Kays
    Kays Palm Harbor, FL
    I did this project on the 64' of fence along my back yard. I cannot tell you how much I love it!! It is whimsical and beautiful and was really easy. I did discover that the marbles push in a lot easier if you wet the fence first. I did a star burst
  • Elizabeth Sagarminaga
    Elizabeth Sagarminaga Mission Viejo, CA
    Really an awesome idea, this is something I would like to do with my fence at the earliest. But I think the kids would love even more doing this, the project will keep them engrossed for hours. Thanks for such an innovative idea in making the fences
  • Tikva Morrow
    Tikva Morrow West Orange, NJ
    This is actually one of my favorite ideas on Hometalk! I can't believe it's so simple but has such a beautiful and artistic effect. How did you ever think of this??
  • Jamie @ C.R.A.F.T.
    My mom made it :) I think she saw the original idea on Pinterest! It really is such a neat piece... it glows rainbows!
Jamie @ C.R.A.F.T.