Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Cast Iron Grill Grates: Season with Crisco to Stop Rust and Sticking Food

Do you grill all year long? We do, even though sometimes I find myself standing in snow while cooking chicken outside.

I recently had to replace our cast iron grill grates (10-year-old grills need a little TLC every now and then). And before I could start cooking, the new grates needed to be seasoned.

So I put together a post that I thought the Hometalk community would enjoy. Even though I did make a huge blunder that cost me a little money I still don't mind sharing my mistakes.

One of my new years resolutions is to keep our outdoor cast iron grill grates seasoned so that they won't rust and our food slides on it like a penguin on ice (I'd say go Penguins at this point but there is no NHL season to be had).

Do you have any grilling tips to share? I'm all ears :)

#NewYearsResolution

Time: 2 Hours Cost: $70 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.homerepairtutor.com/season-replacement-cast-iron-grill-grates

1 Comment Displaying 1 of 1 comments
  • Gean Sanders
    Gean Sanders Lebanon Junction, KY
    @grills and cooking maintenance maybe try and do them like doing skillets oil them well then put them in the oven for 8 to 10 hours on the lowest heat in the oven 200 degrees is the lowest on my oven
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
Home Repair Tutor