How to Build Raised Beds

If you are thinking about starting a vegetable garden, now is the time to plan. I highly recommend that you build raised beds. You can grow more vegetables in a smaller area and control weeds and soil conditions

To see more: http://cottageatthecrossroads.com/raised-beds/

Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Raised beds are a great idea for any number of reasons.
  • Iamaboutit
    Iamaboutit Swedesboro, NJ
    I need to do this, I eat SO many vegetables....think I am gonna try!
  • Debbie
    Debbie Ladoga, IN
    i used raised beds last year for the first time/no way will i go back to the traditional way. i had rock walkways inbetween my beds then used an old hollowed out log and planted flowers. very nice. will do more beds this year. thanks for posting
  • Leo@Cottage at the Crossroads
    Thanks for the comment Debbie. I planted grass between my beds last year. That should fill in and really look nice this year.
  • Jenni C.
    Jenni C. Milwaukee, WI
    I build my flower boxes & such in the basement during the winter months. Anything bigger is left in pieces that are easy to assemble once outside. I even put raised beds in the front yard w/ herbs, blueberries, strawberries, & flowers. Can't wait for
  • Leo@Cottage at the Crossroads
    Good idea Jenni. They just have to be portable enough to move outside in the spring. Thanks for the comment.
  • Angelia Johnson
    This is mine . I love that there is no weeding and that I can stand up ..
  • Terri J
    Terri J Annapolis, MD
    I cheat on raised beds by using straw bales, which reminds me - I need to get a couple more.
  • Sandra Cook
    Sandra Cook Athol, ID
    What purpose do the corner posts serve? I'm trying to figure out what all types of wood I can use to construct my beds. I have a variety of scrap including plywood. Need to make some raised beds but need to keep it to what I have on hand.
    • Kay24kansas
      Sandra Cook I did not post this but I would say it is to enclose it later if needed with a hardware cloth to keep out deer, rabbits, or other critters. it would be very easy to staple the wire too and very sturdy
  • Angelia Johnson
    I used concrete mixing tubs they come in 2 sizes and are much cheaper and durable than what was available. They are back near the concrete.
Leo@Cottage at the Crossroads