How to Build Raised Beds

Garden Ideas 06.11.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
If you are thinking about starting a vegetable garden, now is the time to plan. I highly recommend that you build raised beds. You can grow more vegetables in a smaller area and control weeds and soil conditions

To see more:

• Leo@Cottage at the Crossroads
    Good idea Jenni. They just have to be portable enough to move outside in the spring. Thanks for the comment.
  • Angelia Johnson
    This is mine . I love that there is no weeding and that I can stand up ..
  • Terri J
    Terri J Annapolis, MD
    I cheat on raised beds by using straw bales, which reminds me - I need to get a couple more.
  • Sandra Cook
    Sandra Cook Athol, ID
    What purpose do the corner posts serve? I'm trying to figure out what all types of wood I can use to construct my beds. I have a variety of scrap including plywood. Need to make some raised beds but need to keep it to what I have on hand.
    • Kay24kansas
      Sandra Cook I did not post this but I would say it is to enclose it later if needed with a hardware cloth to keep out deer, rabbits, or other critters. it would be very easy to staple the wire too and very sturdy
  • Angelia Johnson
    I used concrete mixing tubs they come in 2 sizes and are much cheaper and durable than what was available. They are back near the concrete.
Leo@Cottage at the Crossroads

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post