Hometalk.com

DIY 12.29.13

An Almost No Sew Slipcovered Chair

I created a slipcover to repurpose an old chair for a new space by using leftover drop cloth scraps, a glue gun, a staple gun and an old bridesmaid's dress! It's all part of my mission to use items in my own home before going out and buying something new. See how I did it at the link below!
Time: 1 Hour Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.storywooddesigns.com/2013/01/04/an-almost-no-sew-slipcovered-chair/

16 Comments Displaying 15 of 16 comments | See Previous
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Oh it looks like a darling old fashioned dress with a new brooch! I love it!
  • Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Kristen and Becky !
  • How adorable....I just love slipcovers!
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    Is that a petticoat she's wearing? :)
  • Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Tammy@Deja Vue Designs and Miriam I ! And why yes, Miriam I , that is a petticoat! Shouldn't every Southern girl have one? ;-)
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    Absolutely!
  • Love it!
  • Adorable!! That skirt underneath is so sweet!
  • Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Absolutely adorable! Great job!
  • Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Thank you The Endearing Home , Karen - The Graphics Fairy and Marty's Musings ! It's not often I get to go girly in my home decor... I loved every minute of creating it!
  • I love how feminine this is.
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Thanks for the giggle so early in the AM! This is the first time I have seen a chair wear a petticoat! (giggle, giggle) - LOVE IT!
  • Teri U Queen Creek, AZ
    Adorable and love the use of the old bridesmaid pettycoat.
  • Oh my goodness!! I absolutely LOVE this!! I have 2 chairs that are just sitting aside waiting for this!! LOVE!!