Not all of the vents in my house seem to be working properly, and my thermostat sometimes is set higher, then what the

Home improvement 03.15.13
house temperature reads. Examples: Thermostat gets turned to 68 and 5 hours later, it says it is 63 in here. I can feel heat coming out of some vents, but not others, or else it felels like cooler air coming out. I just had a new circuit board put in three years ago, nothing is obsturcting the vents and I did check to make sure they were all open. Any suggestions? I am tired of freezing in the smaller of two bathrooms, and a couple of other rooms. HELP!!!
  • Karen W
    Karen W Murfreesboro, TN
    Well, I suspect our problem is our substandard system. The house was built in 2001 and the system is the original one. It went through foreclosure twice before we bought it and sat empty for a long time. The system has NEVER worked properly since we
  • Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
    Karen, the very first thing you want to do, is to get a home energy audit performed. It is very common for that age home to have a lot of air leakage, very poor insulation and undersized duct systems or incorrectly sized ducts.
  • Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    We replaced all the windows in our house and it holds the heat a lot longer with fewer cold spots. The contractor that built this house use expando foam around the windows and nailed all the flanges which didn't allow for any settling or
  • Terri J
    Terri J Annapolis, MD
    I found another reason today for the cold - it seems that when my house settled, it caused some off the window frames not to quite fit. If I open the bottom window to get fresh air in, the upper one lowers a little bit too. It looks like it is still in
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Oh that's such good news. Time, instead of money, spent is always a good result to a problem.
Terri J