My First and Favorite Junk Garden Purchase

Dream Home 01.17.15
About 15 years ago I purchased my first and favorite junk garden collectible, my wheelbarrow. I paid $15 for it at a garage sale. I filled it with two vintage galvanized laundry tubs, and planted them with annuals. I protect it's chippy condition with a coat of clear Thompson's water seal every other year.

To see more: http://organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-favorite-outdoor-collectible.html

• Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    Well Organized Clutter , that is just too cool! One more reason I'd like to learn to weld! LOL
  • Jennifer Crumm McCulloch
    I love this idea. I may try to do the same thing in my backyard.
  • Cathy Martinez
    Cathy Martinez San Antonio, TX
    Very good investment. Love all the rotating flowers. You keep it very attractive.
  • Organized Clutter
    Organized Clutter International Falls, MN
    Thanks!
  • Debbie Machmer
    Debbie Machmer Canton, PA
    love the look but would not like moving for mowing
  • Organized Clutter
    Thank goodness it rolls.
  • Jeanie Bray Collins
    Beautiful & love your tip for the water seal to help preserve the rustic look ! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Linda B
    Linda B Trumbull, CT
    Thompson's is good. That stuff is amazing. Love to have you see my junk garden also. I did a golf bag with flowers last week. It won't last as long as what you did, though. :)
  • Organized Clutter
    I looked at your golf bag. Very fun!
  • Marla Rafuse
    That's such a great find!! And what a great display piece for your flowers and garden....beautiful! I have an antique chair I made into a "flower pot" but it took a beating this summer and started to fall apart. I'm going to try to sealing it with the
  • TJ
    TJ Andover, MN
    I haven't tried Thompson's on my outdoor wood but have put poly and other varnishes. Do you think Thompson's does a better job if it is just a sealer? I don't always like the shiny surface of the other finishes, even if I use matte. Have you used
    • Organized Clutter
      TJ i like the thompsons. It may darken the wood a bit but otherwise you can't tell anything was done to it. I poly some things too. Mostly painted signs. I think the Thompson's works
  • TJ
    TJ Andover, MN
    thanks for the info. Some of the old wood looks great but they do start to break down once they get wet and snow. I am going to try the thompsons on some things I am trying to do before they get put away for the winter.
  • Debbie Stanley
    Debbie Stanley Randleman, NC
    I love it too! would love to have one out in my yard!
  • Sue Cranmer
    Sue Cranmer Searcy, AR
    Love your pug puppy!
  • Judy Walters Weiss
    Judy Walters Weiss Shelocta, PA
    What a great old wheel barrow! ~ adding one of those to my "bucket list" of items I would love to have for my gardens!
Organized Clutter