My First and Favorite Junk Garden Purchase

Dream Home 01.17.15
About 15 years ago I purchased my first and favorite junk garden collectible, my wheelbarrow. I paid $15 for it at a garage sale. I filled it with two vintage galvanized laundry tubs, and planted them with annuals. I protect it's chippy condition with a coat of clear Thompson's water seal every other year.

To see more: http://organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-favorite-outdoor-collectible.html

• TJ
    TJ Andover, MN
    I haven't tried Thompson's on my outdoor wood but have put poly and other varnishes. Do you think Thompson's does a better job if it is just a sealer? I don't always like the shiny surface of the other finishes, even if I use matte. Have you used
    • Organized Clutter
      Organized Clutter International Falls, MN
      TJ i like the thompsons. It may darken the wood a bit but otherwise you can't tell anything was done to it. I poly some things too. Mostly painted signs. I think the Thompson's works
  • Marla Rafuse
    That's such a great find!! And what a great display piece for your flowers and garden....beautiful! I have an antique chair I made into a "flower pot" but it took a beating this summer and started to fall apart. I'm going to try to sealing it with the
  • Organized Clutter
    I looked at your golf bag. Very fun!
  • Linda B
    Linda B Trumbull, CT
    Thompson's is good. That stuff is amazing. Love to have you see my junk garden also. I did a golf bag with flowers last week. It won't last as long as what you did, though. :)
  • Jeanie Bray Collins
    Beautiful & love your tip for the water seal to help preserve the rustic look ! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Organized Clutter
    Thank goodness it rolls.
  • Debbie Machmer
    Debbie Machmer Canton, PA
    love the look but would not like moving for mowing
  • Organized Clutter
    Thanks!
  • Cathy Martinez
    Cathy Martinez San Antonio, TX
    Very good investment. Love all the rotating flowers. You keep it very attractive.
  • Jennifer Crumm McCulloch
    I love this idea. I may try to do the same thing in my backyard.
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    Well Organized Clutter , that is just too cool! One more reason I'd like to learn to weld! LOL
  • Organized Clutter
    Good eye Sharron. That is a hay rake part that had the rake ends welded together. Believe it or not, it came with a country house my sister bought, and she told me I could have it. I painted it white. I have had it about as long or longer than the
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    What about the Giant wheel propped against the side of the house...where did that come from and what is it a wheel for, inquiring minds want to know... LOL
  • Tammy@Deja Vue Designs
    Too cute!
  • Madonna Lair
    Madonna Lair Peru, IL
    This last fall I had a cart made for my yard and filled it with pumpkins. I brought it in for the winter and plan on putting a water seal on it in the spring. I wish I could find something that is clear that would last for longer than 2 years.
Organized Clutter