My First and Favorite Junk Garden Purchase

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
About 15 years ago I purchased my first and favorite junk garden collectible, my wheelbarrow. I paid $15 for it at a garage sale. I filled it with two vintage galvanized laundry tubs, and planted them with annuals. I protect it's chippy condition with a coat of clear Thompson's water seal every other year.

To see more:

• TJ
    TJ Andover, MN
    I haven't tried Thompson's on my outdoor wood but have put poly and other varnishes. Do you think Thompson's does a better job if it is just a sealer? I don't always like the shiny surface of the other finishes, even if I use matte. Have you used
    • Organized Clutter
      Organized Clutter International Falls, MN
      TJ i like the thompsons. It may darken the wood a bit but otherwise you can't tell anything was done to it. I poly some things too. Mostly painted signs. I think the Thompson's works
  • TJ
    TJ Andover, MN
    thanks for the info. Some of the old wood looks great but they do start to break down once they get wet and snow. I am going to try the thompsons on some things I am trying to do before they get put away for the winter.
  • Debbie Stanley
    Debbie Stanley Randleman, NC
    I love it too! would love to have one out in my yard!
  • Sue Cranmer
    Sue Cranmer Searcy, AR
    Love your pug puppy!
  • Judy Walters Weiss
    Judy Walters Weiss Shelocta, PA
    What a great old wheel barrow! ~ adding one of those to my "bucket list" of items I would love to have for my gardens!
Organized Clutter

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post