My First and Favorite Junk Garden Purchase

About 15 years ago I purchased my first and favorite junk garden collectible, my wheelbarrow. I paid $15 for it at a garage sale. I filled it with two vintage galvanized laundry tubs, and planted them with annuals. I protect it's chippy condition with a coat of clear Thompson's water seal every other year.

To see more: http://organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-favorite-outdoor-collectible.html

• TJ
    TJ Andover, MN
    I haven't tried Thompson's on my outdoor wood but have put poly and other varnishes. Do you think Thompson's does a better job if it is just a sealer? I don't always like the shiny surface of the other finishes, even if I use matte. Have you used
    • Organized Clutter
      Organized Clutter International Falls, MN
      TJ i like the thompsons. It may darken the wood a bit but otherwise you can't tell anything was done to it. I poly some things too. Mostly painted signs. I think the Thompson's works
  • TJ
    TJ Andover, MN
    thanks for the info. Some of the old wood looks great but they do start to break down once they get wet and snow. I am going to try the thompsons on some things I am trying to do before they get put away for the winter.
  • Debbie Stanley
    Debbie Stanley Randleman, NC
    I love it too! would love to have one out in my yard!
  • Sue Cranmer
    Sue Cranmer Searcy, AR
    Love your pug puppy!
  • Judy Walters Weiss
    Judy Walters Weiss Shelocta, PA
    What a great old wheel barrow! ~ adding one of those to my "bucket list" of items I would love to have for my gardens!
Organized Clutter