• Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    These are really great tips, Tyler. Thank you!
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Tip #1 is why I love blinds so much. You can not only direct light, but you can direct solar heat!
  • Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
    When sealing the bottom of a window, particularly one that has a storm window installed. A small hole must remain on each side about four inches in from the edge to allow for moisture that may collect between it and the main window to escape.
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Isn't that usually build in the frame work W E T?
    Yes it is Beck, but many people plug them with caulk on the outside when painting and on the inside as well when painting them. It is very important to keep those holes open. Another little factoid about windows and energy savings. Installing new windows
  • Jeff C
    Jeff C Broadview Heights, OH
    Oh boy, do I know what Woodbridge is talking about when it comes to the cost of windows. We have a bunch of old Pella casement windows that are horrible and all of them need to be replaced and even by going with double hungs, it looks like it;s going to
    Weep holes.

Jeff, as far as payback. First off Pella offers all sorts of upgrades to older windows. you need to do some research on

• Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Thanks WET. I thought so. I was always Daddy's little helper and he told me things like that. I asked allot of questions and he just plain taught me a whole lot. It takes so
  • HomeSpot HQ
    HomeSpot HQ Durham, NC
    Woodbridge, thanks for all the good info!
    Becky it is Bob. lol
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Thank you Bob. I'll make a note of that.
  • Sherrie S
    Sherrie S Debary, FL
    Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com I have Anderson & some lesser named windows throughout my home. The worst widows I have are 2 in my bedroom which are Pella. Knowing the
  • HomeSpot HQ
    HomeSpot HQ Durham, NC
    Good point on the installers, Sherrie. I had a problem in the past where the installers did the flashing around the windows incorrectly. It was bad enough to where the edges would leak when it was raining with high winds.
  • Budget Plumbing and Rooter
    Budget Plumbing and Rooter American Fork, UT
    Great post! Any tips to be more efficient with energy are good ones.
HomeSpot HQ