Hometalk.com

Cleaning 04.07.13

Does this all natural garbage disposal cleaner really work?

Lately, I've been trying to cut down on the amount of cleaners in my home and use all natural products when I can. Join me as I put this cleaning tip to the test and see if it makes the grade. #SpringCleaning #CleaningTricks

http://www.mrshinesclass.com/2013/01/04/joi...

Time: 10 Minutes Difficulty: Easy
9 Comments Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • Great tip Sharon!! And the pic with you and the vacuum is so cute!
  • Kelly Elliott Cocoa Beach, FL
    Lemons work great to deodorize garbage disposal!
  • Thank you, Karen - The Graphics Fairy . I had fun hamming it up for that vacuum picture. Kelly Elliott , it works great, doesn't it?
  • ice to remove grease and lemons or limes to freshen it up.
  • Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com , I used to just put the lemon in followed by ice. I love freezing it and having it ready to go. And I don't have to worry about the my lemons going
  • It appears that everyone uses vinegar for something. I really have no idea if it does anything other then go down the drain. It really would not stay in the disposer to do any real good. But on the other hand, it will not hurt anything. As a microbial
  • Does the ice also help keep the disposal blades sharp? I heard that years ago.
  • Homa, that is a myth. These are hardened steel blades and ice is way to soft to do any good. But the ice does cause any grease that has collected on them to cool down enough so it is released. This gives the impression that they are cutting better as the
  • Thank you so much for the information!
  • Likes

Eleanor Debbie Hilda Marchesin Cindy buchanan Laurel Herring Sharon Tritch Clover House, DeeDee Karen - The Graphics Fairy