Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Does this all natural garbage disposal cleaner really work?

Cleaning 04.07.13
Lately, I've been trying to cut down on the amount of cleaners in my home and use all natural products when I can. Join me as I put this cleaning tip to the test and see if it makes the grade. #SpringCleaning #CleaningTricks #CleanIt
Time: 10 Minutes Difficulty: Easy
Sometimes the garbage disposal needs a little freshening.
This all natural deodorizer is made with lemons and vinegar. Just cut lemon into small bits, drop into ice tray and fill with vinegar. The next time the disposal needs freshening, just drop a cube down the disposal, turn it on and run some water.

To see more: http://www.mrshinesclass.com/2013/01/04/join-me-at-inspiration-cafe/

9 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • Karen - The Graphics Fairy
    Great tip Sharon!! And the pic with you and the vacuum is so cute!
  • Kelly Elliott
    Kelly Elliott Cocoa Beach, FL
    Lemons work great to deodorize garbage disposal!
  • Sharon @ mrs. hines class
    Thank you, Karen - The Graphics Fairy . I had fun hamming it up for that vacuum picture. Kelly Elliott , it works great, doesn't it?
  • Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
    ice to remove grease and lemons or limes to freshen it up.
  • Sharon @ mrs. hines class
    Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com , I used to just put the lemon in followed by ice. I love freezing it and having it ready to go. And I don't have to worry about the my
    It appears that everyone uses vinegar for something. I really have no idea if it does anything other then go down the drain. It really would not stay in the disposer to do any real good. But on the other hand, it will not hurt anything. As a microbial
  • Jeanette Country Design Style
    Does the ice also help keep the disposal blades sharp? I heard that years ago.
    Homa, that is a myth. These are hardened steel blades and ice is way to soft to do any good. But the ice does cause any grease that has collected on them to cool down enough so it is released. This gives the impression that they are cutting better as the
  • Jeanette Country Design Style
    Thank you so much for the information!
Sharon @ mrs. hines class

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing