Hometalk.com

Dream Home 03.22.14

From depressing office dark to photo studio bright!

If you have a room with lots of windows, you can have a home photo studio!

This use to be a very messy basement office I detested being in. Now? It's where I play with my passion's work to my heart's content. Talk about a mood enhancer on all fronts!

Price indicated is for the curtains and brackets.

#Makeover

Time: 7 Days Cost: $60 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2012/06/my-home-photo-studio-reveal.html

19 Comments Displaying 15 of 19 comments | See Previous
  • Marilee H Youngstown, OH
    Love the room, and especially the window treatments. Can I guess on the string? Mop string, maybe?
  • Very nice!
  • Carolyn Bostic Springfield, MO
    Carol S, I like your idea of clear shower curtains over the windows for draft & cold protection. Anyone have any idea how that could be applied in a roller shade window treatment please? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
  • Carol S , the desk area was left bare for moving props. I thought I would take more pictures with that area as the background, but have quickly found I get better shots where the windows are. So glad I have a ton of curtains up for the backdrop!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Great space Donna. So fresh and crisp looking. Love the curtain rods.
  • Meredith K San Francisco, CA
    This is just brilliant, Donna! You've inspired me to turn one sunny / unused area of my new space into a studio! xoxo
  • Mimi S Greensboro, NC
    Love this transformation! It gives me some much needed inspiration! I love the look of sunlight through the curtains. Such a soft yet crisp glow. I'm working on finally creating a space for me and this give me some great ideas. Enjoy your newest
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    What a wonderful, sunny work spot you have created! I'm sure you'll especially love it during the winter months! Always love your posts, Donna : )
  • Looks like "Heaven" to me :) I want one too!!
  • Thanks so much everyone! It's such a wonderful playroom. :)
  • DIY 180 Winter Park, FL
    Donna, I love your room. Beautiful windows.
  • Karla johnson Hermiston, OR
    i love the white do you remember what brand and color.
  • Jan M Noble, OK
    Excellent job!
  • Beachcomber Australia
    i love this room, especially the curtain idea!
  • What a beautiful spot to take photos, and to sit and read. love how inexpensive it was to do. I love the scenery you have out your window. I just moved from BC to Ontario and I sure miss my mountains views. love the room