From a depressing spare room to a bright and happy home photo studio!

This room use to be my enemy. It use to house a very depressing, messy basement office I detested being in.The light was great, but the darkness in the surroundings seem to take it away regardless.
I decided to take advantage of those AMAZING windows, and morph the room into a light, bright and happy home photo studio instead! I now get to play (work?) bathed in natural light, and create the prettiest pictures from sun up to sun down.
It's so hard to take pictures in the rest of my house, so this room most certainly did it for me.
Here's how I did it...
Click #FunkyJunkPhotoStudio to see how the curtains and pipe rods were made... with VIDEO
Time: 7 Days Cost: $60 Difficulty: Moderate
This south facing room was the perfect candidate for a home photo studio!
The room use to house one messy depressing dark office. No wonder I never felt like being in this room.
Homemade curtains and brackets were created from cheap sheets and pipes. Cheap is better, so they help diffuse the light, vs take them away. I got them for about $3 at Ikea.
The ceiling was covered in pine tongue and groove for some added brightness and character.

To see more:

• DIY 180
    DIY 180 Winter Park, FL
    Donna, I love your room. Beautiful windows.
  • Karla johnson
    Karla johnson Hermiston, OR
    i love the white do you remember what brand and color.
  • Jan M
    Jan M Noble, OK
    Excellent job!
  • Beachcomber
    Beachcomber Australia
    i love this room, especially the curtain idea!
  • Tobey McCool
    What a beautiful spot to take photos, and to sit and read. love how inexpensive it was to do. I love the scenery you have out your window. I just moved from BC to Ontario and I sure miss my mountains views. love the room
FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna

Search Feedback