Hometalk.com

Wood Projects 02.20.14

DIY Kitchen Island Cart

I love having more space in my kitchen for prepping. But when my boys and hubby want to help out there is not much room left. I looked on Craigslist and other stores and could not find anything I liked. One day looking online at the blogs I love. I came across an island at Ourvintagehomelove.blogspot that I totally fell in love with. So I thought why not just make one. Since I did not have old reclaimed barn wood, it was off to Lowes we went.

To see more: http://www.thriftychicken1.blogspot.com

4 Comments Displaying 4 of 4 comments
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    Isn't she lovely! I wish I could build like that. I would add the towel bar. What's holding you back?
  • Lisa M Atlanta, GA
    Nice job! I vote yes on the towel bar, too.
  • Tammy Milton, FL
    Yes, towel bar.
  • Nancy Glendale, OR
    The towel bar is a good idea, as long as you don't have a cat. My husband added hooks, etc to the island we repurposed from an old cabinet. The cat would walk along and rub against the utensils until it sounded like the ice cream man was coming!