DIY Kitchen Island Cart

Building DIYs 08.27.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I love having more space in my kitchen for prepping. But when my boys and hubby want to help out there is not much room left. I looked on Craigslist and other stores and could not find anything I liked. One day looking online at the blogs I love. I came across an island at Ourvintagehomelove.blogspot that I totally fell in love with. So I thought why not just make one. Since I did not have old reclaimed barn wood, it was off to Lowes we went.
  • Some of the boards we bought.
  • Here is the beauty we built. So proud of my wonderful hubby and I . Isn't she just beautiful. She will look better stained.
  • Here she is all stained and in my kitchen. I also added a bottle opener that I found at Target.
  • Here she is in all her beauty. Still debating if I want to add a towel bar.

To see more:

• Terryspansy
    terryspansy Milton, FL
    Yes, towel bar.
  • Nancy
    Nancy Glendale, OR
    The towel bar is a good idea, as long as you don't have a cat. My husband added hooks, etc to the island we repurposed from an old cabinet. The cat would walk along and rub against the utensils until it sounded like the ice cream man was coming!
  • Michelle Kelsey
    Michelle Kelsey Lubbock, TX
    Do you have the measurements?
  • Regina Van Etten
    I found an reproduction antique doorknocker in the garden center of pier 1 and used one on each side of my butcher block....Love it!
  • Ingrid
    ingrid Rochester, NY
    I would add casters to roll it around...I love the color...
Amy Teague (Thrifty Chicken)

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post