Hometalk.com

12 Comments Displaying 12 of 12 comments
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Great idea. Thank you Courtenay. I used to put my jars in the freezer which hardens the wax, but if the top of the jar is smaller than the widest part of the remaining wax you had to chop it up before it would come out.
  • That's exactly what I used to do, Becky! Drove me nuts!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Obviously me too since I rarely burn a candle anymore. I now use wax warmers of one sort or another. With four young cats it's actually safer too.
  • Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    This is such a great idea!
  • Great tip!
  • Sandra W Lithia Springs, GA
    I do this. Candle jars can be filled with peppermints or other candies, wrapped with a red ribbon and make great gifts for the postman, the hairdresser or to have on hand if you need an 'emergency' gift at Christmas, if you have lots of empty candle
  • What a great idea! I'll have to keep this in mind! Also, "hello" from east MI (I'm in Livonia)! I'm a new follower!
  • I received a Yankee Candle for a Christmas gift, and I'll have to give this a try when the candle is gone - I would love to re-use the jar!
  • Victoria Lockhart, TX
    Great tip!! I also use the freezer method, not so good.....Oh and I am from Michigan too and live there part of the year, Frankfort area.
  • Linda Allen Brockman Deer Park, TX
    I just turn the jar upside down, run hot water over the bottom of it until the wax softens and melts away from the sides then the big chunk of wax will come right out.
  • Harlee Jenkins Charlotte, NC
    I find the microwave, a few seconds (less than a minute), and a big paper towel works as well. Requires no strainer, bowls...occasionally a butter knife to edge the soft wax out of the corner.
  • Susan B Morriston, FL
    Hot water always has done the trick for me since the 70s when I started using candles. Odd shape?...then just put a pan of water on, heat up with the candle jar and out it comes.