Hometalk.com

Dream Home 12.04.13

DIY Barn Doors

I've always thought barn doors were awesome and wanted to put them somewhere in our house, but didn't know where. It finally hit me that barn doors over the existing patio doors in the basement would serve two purposes; the first being for privacy and second for security. The barn doors fit over the existing blinds that we have installed on the patio doors, but I am thinking of taking them off because no sun ever hits the windows due to the deck covering the patio just outside. You can read more about how we made the barn doors here: http://diydesignfanatic.blogspot.com/2013/01... #ProudestDIY
Cost: $600 Difficulty: Challenging

To see more: http://diydesignfanatic.blogspot.com/2013/01/diy-barn-doors.html

18 Comments Displaying 15 of 18 comments | See Previous
  • diy Design Fanatic Charlotte, NC
    Becky , We didn't keep track of our expenses since it took us so long to finish the project(My husband has been traveling a lot the past few months.) The track & hanging hardware was about
  • Sherry C Portland, OR
    What a great way to close off that space when you want some privacy or security. I love the barn door look but I can't think of a single place I could make one work in my home! Yours looks fantastic!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Thank you Pam, that helps allot.
  • Organized Clutter International Falls, MN
    Just awesome. Love barn doors.
  • debbiedoo's Fort Mill, SC
    Awesome, just awesome Pam!
  • Tami @ Curb Alert! Houston, TX
    Love that! Fabulous!!!
  • Oh my word... hang on, I need to catch my breath... STUNNING!
  • Clever!! Waving to you from Rock Hill! :-)
  • Luisa C Floral Park, NY
    LOOKS GREAT...LOOKING FORWARD ONE DAY TO HAVE THE PRIVILEGE TO OWN ONE...THANKS FOR SHARING...
  • Debbie Ladoga, IN
    Love the doors. They look awesome, great job.
  • Dana Wise El Dorado, KS
    My daughter suggested years ago to paint my floor to ceiling doors in my laundryroom barn red with white x's like barn doors. It is awesome cause everything else is chickens and barn rustic.
  • Joan W Everett, WA
    We did this on the outside of our patio doors because we live in the desert and can't afford to build a patio cover right now. We used fence sections from Home Depot, trimmed them to fit and bought the rolling hardware (from old barn doors) on Ebay. Had
  • Janet Garcia Visalia, CA
    I love the whole room! Those barn doors really make the entire room ''Just feel like home". And I don't even have a barn... But love what you did!
  • Sharron W Memphis, TN
    I would think a 3rd purpose would be added insulations against Heat/cooling loss to the elements....
  • Karen Goddik Dayton, OR
    My sister in law closes off her furnace and laundry room with red barn doors. Hers is a farm house which has been added on to 3 or 4 times by previous owners. It helps conceal the clutter as well as the noise of doing laundry.