Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

DIY Barn Doors

The master! 01.12.15
I've always thought barn doors were awesome and wanted to put them somewhere in our house, but didn't know where. It finally hit me that barn doors over the existing patio doors in the basement would serve two purposes; the first being for privacy and second for security. The barn doors fit over the existing blinds that we have installed on the patio doors, but I am thinking of taking them off because no sun ever hits the windows due to the deck covering the patio just outside. You can read more about how we made the barn doors here: http://www.diydesignfanatic.com/2013/01/diy-... #ProudestDIY #basementideas
Cost: $600 Difficulty: Challenging
Our barn doors add extra security over our basement patio doors.
Here's the barn door unfinished.
We finished the doors off with some interesting hardware.

To see more: http://www.diydesignfanatic.com/2013/01/diy-barn-doors.html

21 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 16 of 21 comments | See Previous
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Thank you Pam, that helps allot.
  • Organized Clutter
    Organized Clutter International Falls, MN
    Just awesome. Love barn doors.
  • Debbiedoo's
    debbiedoo's Fort Mill, SC
    Awesome, just awesome Pam!
  • Tami @ Curb Alert!
    Tami @ Curb Alert! Houston, TX
    Love that! Fabulous!!!
  • FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna
    Oh my word... hang on, I need to catch my breath... STUNNING!
  • I Play Outside The Box
    Clever!! Waving to you from Rock Hill! :-)
  • Luisa C
    Luisa C Floral Park, NY
    LOOKS GREAT...LOOKING FORWARD ONE DAY TO HAVE THE PRIVILEGE TO OWN ONE...THANKS FOR SHARING...
  • Debbie
    Debbie Ladoga, IN
    Love the doors. They look awesome, great job.
  • Dana Wise
    Dana Wise El Dorado, KS
    My daughter suggested years ago to paint my floor to ceiling doors in my laundryroom barn red with white x's like barn doors. It is awesome cause everything else is chickens and barn rustic.
  • Joan W
    Joan W Everett, WA
    We did this on the outside of our patio doors because we live in the desert and can't afford to build a patio cover right now. We used fence sections from Home Depot, trimmed them to fit and bought the rolling hardware (from old barn doors) on Ebay. Had
  • Janet Garcia
    Janet Garcia Visalia, CA
    I love the whole room! Those barn doors really make the entire room ''Just feel like home". And I don't even have a barn... But love what you did!
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    I would think a 3rd purpose would be added insulations against Heat/cooling loss to the elements....
  • Karen Goddik
    Karen Goddik Dayton, OR
    My sister in law closes off her furnace and laundry room with red barn doors. Hers is a farm house which has been added on to 3 or 4 times by previous owners. It helps conceal the clutter as well as the noise of doing laundry.
  • Crystal Clear
    Crystal Clear Lawrenceville, GA
    Oh, how I LOVE this......
  • M
    I am dying to put some barn doors in my spot
Diy Design Fanatic

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing