Hometalk.com

Crafty ideas 12.05.13

How to Park Your Car in the Garage and Hit the Mark Every Time

Is the space for the car a tight fit in your garage where every inch counts? Here's an easy way to get the car in the right spot every time ...

To see more: http://betteroutdoorlivingathome.com/outdoorliving/2012/07/how-to-park-your-car-in-the-garage-and-hit-the-mark-every-time/

14 Comments Displaying 14 of 14 comments
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    I made one of these for my parents' garage, and they love it. Much cheaper than those little sensor systems.
  • Hewitt Remodeling Service... Virginia Beach, VA
    We always had one of these installed in our garage..back when we had room in the garage for a vehicle. They worked great for parking the car...but the tough part was to keep the kids from "playing" with it when the car wasn't parked there...especially
  • That's true Hewitt Remodeling Service! We're waiting for one of the kids to think of that, but so far so good!
  • We agree Steve G, it really does work well!
  • Wanda Tampa, FL
    my husband has me one, he even drew a face on it, he named him Ernie!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    We had them in our last home. We just line up with the windows now. They really do work though.
  • Hi Wanda - a tennis ball named Ernie, that is so cute!
  • Hi Becky - they are very helpful!
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    I had to laugh...we never had to do this because our garage is long enough for a work bench and a full size truck...and can then let down the tailgate with the door closed. But my best friend bought a new house (20' garage) and had a big 1995 Caddy! We
  • Hi Jeanette! A big garage would be fabulous!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Two of the three houses we built had extra deep garages, but we used the ball so we'd have space to walk in front of the cars between them and items stored there. So they can come in handy in a deep garage too.
  • Great tip! I used a 2X4 that I had and put it down on the garage floor at the perfect stopping point. It works really well. And I do rely on it because our garage is short.
  • Hi Sharon! Stopping markers are helpful to have for sure!
  • Sue Curwin Canada
    Gosh, I found that funny, or maybe I just didn't get enough sleep, lol! We don't have a garage, but if we did, what a practical, and good idea!
  • Likes

Joyce rhodenizer Carlee T Carol L Cheryl Hoge Bratcher Jay Sharon @ mrs. hines class Jeanette S Llalla Lara Wanda Katarina Lemus-Sweet Sheila