Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 02.07.14

How To Clean Your Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink

Have you looked closely at your kitchen sink lately? I did this weekend, and was mortified. So, I decided to give it a thorough cleaning. I used one of my favorite products and a little elbow grease to get my sink all sparkly clean in minutes! #cleaningtricks
56 Comments Displaying 15 of 56 comments | See Previous
  • Linda W Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks so much for all the suggestions!
  • Joanne Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Bar Keepers Friend (cookware) is sold at Bed Bath and Beyond and I am told works best on pots and pans (3.99). I bought the regular Bar Keepers Friend at Target (1.75) but it does not do good on pots and pans. I have used for many years Cameo Aluminum &
  • Grammie Winfield, KS
    Your food prep area's need BLEACH. Dilute it 1:10 H20 for counters, but use in sink full strength. Use Bar Keeper's to scrub it but use bleach between for sanitizing. That is one germ infested place in a home, it's sinks. Free R.N., advice ;-)
  • Mom4Real Lexington, KY
    I love all of your ideas! I love my magic erasers...especially for cleaning the outside of my refrigerator. Denise Wheeler-Mayo i bought mine at Target.
  • Jean C Newport, VA
    Just make sure that if you're using bleach that you do NOT have a septic system, and if you're using it to sanitize, that it's fresh (it loses it's effectiveness within weeks), that you've cleaned the surface first (you can't sanitize a dirty surface)
  • June Townsend Tallahassee, FL
    White vinegar (a mild acid) is the best for removing mineral buildup around faucets. Foll a paper towel and fit it around the faucet base. Pour vinegar in towel and let sit for a couple hours. I always do my kitchen overnight. In the morning all the
  • Julie DeGroot Iron Mountain, MI
    AJAX with Bleach.......$1 at the Dollar Store.......does the best and shines beautifully!
  • Julie DeGroot Iron Mountain, MI
    Peroxide and baking soda for septic systems that cannot have bleach!
  • no bleach in septic then..how come?
  • Tammy v. Kingsport, TN
    Bleach in septic tanks will kill all the beneficial bacteria that break down waste. Rid-x will add it back and my septic tank guy said he puts a block of yeast in his that does the same thing (I have never tried yeast). He gets it at Sam's club. Also, I
  • Tammy v. Kingsport, TN
    After cleaning my sink I put a drop of olive oil in it and use a paper towel to rub it all around the sink. Helps keep away water spots. :)
  • Amanda Eastman Sequim, WA
    We don't use bleach at all in our household! I love this stuff, though.
  • Lori Urban Slaton, TX
    WD 40 works well on all your cleaning needs....stainless sinks.....works great on shower doors, you will be amazed....
  • Yvonne F Pontotoc, MS
    Try using cheap rubbing alcohol after you claen your sink, even faucets!!!! SHINE!!!