Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

One of our queen palm trees has begun to shed its bark exposing its smooth trunk.

Backyard Escapes 08.17.13
(Up to @ 4' from the ground) Do we have a problem? None of the other palm trees show this trait. Thanks.
5 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 5 of 5 comments
  • Hoffner Nursery & Landscaping
    No Alex you don't have a problem, most Queen Palms are installed at about 14 to 16 foot overall height, and are around 4-5 years old, in the landscaping industry we refer to them as juveniles. As the get older they have more exposed trunk as they become
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Alex
    Alex Orlando, FL
    Photos: My neighbor says that it isn't a "queen". Now, I'm not sure. So, I took a picture of the top of the tree. Thank you.
  • Alex
    Alex Orlando, FL
    Today, a commercial lawn service guy who was working on a lawn a few houses down from me suggested that the problem was probably related to my sprinkler system. He said that the tree looks as though it was getting too much water sprayed on it. I
  • Alex
    Alex Orlando, FL
    While I appreciated the answers, I really wasn't sure since I misidentified the tree as a "queen" on the original post. So I did some more research. I have since found out that, based on photos on two web sites and other information form a local
  • Emily Johnson
    Emily Johnson Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
    Thanks for clearing this up, Alex. We have same problem here on several of our palms. Glad its nothing to worry about.
Alex

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing