Organized Craft Room

CraftRoom Ideas 11.15.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
if you're lucky enough to have space to craft in your home, then you know that it can get unorganized fast.

My hubby and I built the 10ft long desk ourselves using stock white cabinets from Lowe's. We now have plenty of storage for my craft stash in the cabinets and the drawers, plus there's still two places to sit. The 10ft long desk top also provides a great tabletop workspace, even for the larger projects.

I also wanted everything to be within an arms's reach. Two 2x3ft framed peg boards sit above the desk, both packed with tools and accessories.

On the desktop I have mason jars filled with goodies... paintbrushes, decorative scissors, writing utensils and hand tools.

I even added some silverware organizers in the drawers to help arrange my smaller items (like buttons, washi tape and resin flowers).

My Silhouette Cameo now has a special place right on the desktop, and my vinyl and tools are tucked away neatly the a drawer.

• DIY craft room desk using cabinets for plenty of storage and organization
  • Mason jars are the perfect organizational tool to hold pencils, pens, paint brushes, scissors and more.
  • Use plastic silverware holders to hold and organize smaller items.
  • Two large peg boards with hooks make items within an arm's reach
  • A special place for my Silhouette Cameo, vinyl, cords and more.

To see more:

• Anne @ DesignDreams by Anne
    Nice and bright and pretty - love your space!
  • Diy Design Fanatic
    diy Design Fanatic Charlotte, NC
    So awesome! So jealous!!!
  • RayRay
    RayRay Dacula, GA
    I can't wait to build my craft room! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Leah Johnson
    I have a craft room 15x11 and had it all nice and organized..not as nice as yours but it worked. then my great grandkids have decided to use it for a disposal of all they do not want or need at the moment.. now it looks like the Junk room.. grrr... and
    • Donna Makowski
      Donna Makowski Mc Gregor, TX
      Do they live with you? I think I'd be putting my foot down either way and make them get the stuff out of YOUR room. Just my opinion.
  • Nancy Benner
    Nancy Benner Roseville, CA
    I love your beautiful and organized craft room. Mine is in the garage and not as nice as yours. Good job!
How to Nest for Less - Erin

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post