Hometalk.com

Before & After 04.07.14

Organized Craft Room

if you're lucky enough to have space to craft in your home, then you know that it can get unorganized fast.

My hubby and I built the 10ft long desk ourselves using stock white cabinets from Lowe's. We now have plenty of storage for my craft stash in the cabinets and the drawers, plus there's still two places to sit. The 10ft long desk top also provides a great tabletop workspace, even for the larger projects.

I also wanted everything to be within an arms's reach. Two 2x3ft framed peg boards sit above the desk, both packed with tools and accessories.

On the desktop I have mason jars filled with goodies... paintbrushes, decorative scissors, writing utensils and hand tools.

I even added some silverware organizers in the drawers to help arrange my smaller items (like buttons, washi tape and resin flowers).

My Silhouette Cameo now has a special place right on the desktop, and my vinyl and tools are tucked away neatly the a drawer.

#OrganizedHome

To see more: http://howtonestforless.com/2012/06/18/my-craft-room-makeover/

6 Comments Displaying 6 of 6 comments
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    This is one of my favorite craft rooms of all time. I remember your post about the carpet tiles you used. It all makes me want to craft! :)
  • Amy Anderson Atlanta, GA
    So great! Like what I see in those drawers . . .
  • Diane H Lansdale, PA
    Love your room Erin. I am sure this is one of your favorite places to be.
  • Nice and bright and pretty - love your space!
  • diy Design Fanatic Charlotte, NC
    So awesome! So jealous!!!
  • RayRay Dacula, GA
    I can't wait to build my craft room! Thanks for the inspiration!