Hometalk.com

Lighting 03.16.14

10 simple steps to update an outdated brass light fixture.

If you have ever considered buying a whole new light fixture just because the existing one seems outdated, think again. Step back and examine the curves and lines of the fixture itself, and imagine how that same light might look with a simple coat of spray paint on it. Is it a good candidate for an upcycle?

Check out the before and after of my dining room chandelier. Instead of sticking out like a sore thumb, my light fixture now blends in with the room and looks beautiful. All for the price of a can of spray paint!

Fiddling with electricity can be a scary proposition for some people, but you might be surprised just how simple it is to remove a light fixture and put it back up. I am walking you though the simple 10 step process on the FOLK magazine blog today! Please come take a look and pin it for later if you're interested.

Time: 6 Hours Cost: $7 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.folklifestyle.com/2013/01/update-an-outdated-light-fixture-with-spray-paint.html

2 Comments Displaying 2 of 2 comments
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    Great tips, Beth! It looks beautiful.
  • Sue Kopp Pottsville, TX
    Don't you just love the oil rubbed bronze spray!!! I have just finished a light fixture that was uuuuuuuuuuuggggggggllllly. And old. I now have it over my kitchen table.