Hometalk.com

Amazing Planters 03.19.14

Baker's Twine Valentine's Art

Don't you just love baker's twine? I had so much fun creating this fun Valentine's Day piece of art. I love the contrasting elements... bright baker's twine, shiny nails and a rustic piece of wood. This was very simple to make, just toke time. With a printout of a heart, I hammered in nails on the heart outline... then wrapped the baker's twine around the nails. #ValentinesDay

To see more: http://www.domestically-speaking.com/2013/01/bakers-twine-heart.html

9 Comments Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • Instant 3D art! This is lovely!! I truly need to stock some of this twine, just love the look!
  • What a great excuse to use my decorative twine! I love it!
  • Nancy S Lagrange, GA
    It's just like the old time.. twine art that someone use to have to read it to you while you matched the numbered nails.. nice idea.. but I am not familiar with bicycle twine
  • Domestically Speaking San Jacinto, CA
    Thank ladies! Nancy S ~ I made it with Baker's Twine. You can find it at most craft stores.
  • I'm in love with bakers twine - what a fun idea!
  • Love this Maryann!
  • What a neat project! :)
  • Domestically Speaking San Jacinto, CA
    Thanks ladies!
  • Tracyhoeckelberg Hebron, IN
    Made something very similar w/ my Girl Scout cadetts yesterday (wood working badge) we used reg. yarn. next time i will have 2 try the bakers twine thank you 4 the idea ;-)