Dishwasher Not Cleaning Properly? 5 Quick Tips to Make it Like New

There's nothing worse than seeing gritty residue at the bottom of your drinking glass.

This is especially true if you have company at your house, it's the holidays, and your wife is the one who spotted the problem. So what's the solution?

Here are a few tips that helped us with our dishwasher's efficiency

+Use a granular dishwasher soap instead of gel

+Clean sprayer arms with picture hanging wire and a white vinegar bath

+Remove grit and reside from fine and coarse filters

+Check underneath the coarse filter for grime

+Eliminate hard water scale buildup with Lemi Shine

You can check out my post for additional tips, pictures, and a few short videos. The videos are less than 4 minutes but they take you

Time: 1 Hour Cost: $20 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.homerepairtutor.com/dishwasher-not-cleaning/

on This Post

• Rachel Benson
    Rachel Benson Orem, UT
    I didn't know that you should regularly clean the inside of your dishwasher. I just assumed the dishwasher got clean while it cleaned your dishes. My dishwasher hasn't been cleaning very well and I wonder if giving it a good cleaning would help it
  • Elizabeth Johnson
    Elizabeth Johnson Beaumont, CA
    I always put 1/2 cup of vinegar in a custard cup in the top rack of my dishwasher each time I use the dishwasher and my dishes are always shiny and clean and the inside of my washer is spotless. I do not have to use any spot remover product and I have no
    • Andre Beluchi
      Elizabeth Johnson , sounds like a pretty neat idea to for me to probably try out. The dishwasher that I have right now has been having problems cleaning up some of the
  • Suzanne
    Suzanne Logan, UT
    Thanks for all of this from all of you! Great ideas. My dw is original to my house...'77, spray painted it white, may put stainless treatmt on front. The inside trays at bottom has plastic worn thin but plastic spray paint will cover it and stop it from
  • Allinthefamilysingers
    my dishwasher stained a yellow inside and i could not get it off I tried everything then i read to run country time lemonade through it It got every bit of the stain like new Now i do that ever so often.
  • Kareen L
    Kareen L Lubbock, TX
    I use a packet of unsweetened Kool-Aid lemonade when I run my dishwasher and never have spots or hard water buildup.
Home Repair Tutor