Dishwasher Not Cleaning Properly? 5 Quick Tips to Make it Like New

Cleaning 08.01.15
There's nothing worse than seeing gritty residue at the bottom of your drinking glass.

This is especially true if you have company at your house, it's the holidays, and your wife is the one who spotted the problem. So what's the solution?

Here are a few tips that helped us with our dishwasher's efficiency

+Use a granular dishwasher soap instead of gel

+Clean sprayer arms with picture hanging wire and a white vinegar bath

+Remove grit and reside from fine and coarse filters

+Check underneath the coarse filter for grime

+Eliminate hard water scale buildup with Lemi Shine

You can check out my post for additional tips, pictures, and a few short videos. The videos are less than 4 minutes but they take you

Time: 1 Hour Cost: $20 Difficulty: Easy
  • Dishwasher not cleaning properly?
  • Remove debris from sprayer arms and soak them in white vinegar.
  • Supplies for cleaning your dishwasher. You can almost never go wrong with white vinegar and baking soda.
  • Clean the fine filter so grit and grime aren't just sitting around in your dishwasher.
  • Check underneath the coarse filter for scale buildup.

To see more: http://www.homerepairtutor.com/dishwasher-not-cleaning/

• Suzy
    Suzy Inman, SC
    By using vinegar instead of jet dry, When & How do you add the vinegar????
    • Alanda
      Alanda Kalispell, MT
      Suzy Just put it in the dispenser instead of the jet dry.
  • Liliana Wells
    Liliana Wells Jackson, GA
    Great tips! Thanks
  • Rachel Benson
    Rachel Benson Orem, UT
    I didn't know that you should regularly clean the inside of your dishwasher. I just assumed the dishwasher got clean while it cleaned your dishes. My dishwasher hasn't been cleaning very well and I wonder if giving it a good cleaning would help it
  • Elizabeth Johnson
    Elizabeth Johnson Beaumont, CA
    I always put 1/2 cup of vinegar in a custard cup in the top rack of my dishwasher each time I use the dishwasher and my dishes are always shiny and clean and the inside of my washer is spotless. I do not have to use any spot remover product and I have no
  • Suzanne
    Suzanne Logan, UT
    Thanks for all of this from all of you! Great ideas. My dw is original to my house...'77, spray painted it white, may put stainless treatmt on front. The inside trays at bottom has plastic worn thin but plastic spray paint will cover it and stop it from
Home Repair Tutor

Search Feedback