Homemade Disinfectant Spray Recipe

Cleaning DIY 04.04.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
It's not the most pleasant topic, but germs are pretty common around the house. To prevent illnesses and bacteria from spreading to you and your family, it's important to disinfect liberally. This homemade disinfectant recipe was developed by a food scientist at Virginia Tech to remove salmonella from meat and vegetables, but it also works great for getting rid of cold and flu germs.

Here's the recipe: https://brightnest.com/todos/create-homemade-...

• Kala Professional Restoration services
    Now this is very interesting!! Making a disinfectant from vegetables to kill germs sounds quite safe to have in the kitchen so that it is away from the use of chemicals. The idea of putting citrus peels in the vinegar to make it smell better when used as
  • Alisha Torres
    Alisha Torres Hinesville, GA
    Is there anything I can add to make it fragrant? I'm looking for something to disinfect the hard and soft objects around the house (toy bins to sofas). Thanks in advance!!
  • Lynne
    Lynne Detroit, MI
    thanks for info, i use a mixture of vinegar and dish liquid for general cleaning, but i will try this. if you really read the labels on a lot of the name brand products you won't want to clean with them. they say bleach is not good to use, but that's all
  • .
    . Albert, OK
    Personally I think the use of so many chemicals are why so many suffer from migraines, fibro and other illnesses anymore. I could be wrong, but it just seems possible.

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post