Add a door stop to your interior garage door

04.11.16
We were tired of having to prop open the door with a mop to bring in groceries, so we installed this $5 doorstop to help us out!
Time: 5 Minutes Cost: $5 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://magentaandlime.blogspot.com/2013/01/installing-door-stop.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• DB47
    DB47 Darlington, WI
    I also installed a couple of these. Love them.
  • Susanne Woolley
    Susanne Woolley Vacaville, CA
    Brilliant! I usually use my ironing board to hold the door open. This solution seems so much more "legit"! Lol. Thanks!
  • Hildegarde
    Hildegarde Germany
    I find the solution of a brick in a cloth bag or a sock much more appropriate for keeping doors open for a while - I agree wholly with Woodbridge Environmental..... and it is safer too in case of intruders, you can just shift the brick aside,
  • Polly Zieper
    Polly Zieper Fort Lauderdale, FL
    great idea! I'm so tired of propping my garage-laundry room door open to bring groceries in. I feel like an idiot for not thinking of it. I'm getting a doorstop like this one, tomorrow!
  • T A Glover
    T A Glover San Marcos, CA
    I've had a door stopper similar to the one in the picture on my interior garage door for 13 yrs & have never had a problem with the door closing on its own when the stopper is locked in the "up" position. The only time the door stopped closing on its own
Erin Colburn