Add a door stop to your interior garage door | Hometalk
5.4K Views

Add a door stop to your interior garage door

5.4K Views
We were tired of having to prop open the door with a mop to bring in groceries, so we installed this $5 doorstop to help us out!
Time: 5 Minutes Cost: $5 Difficulty: Easy
  • add a door stop to your interior garage door, doors, garage doors

To see more: http://magentaandlime.blogspot.com/2013/01/installing-door-stop.html

Have Questions About This Post?

• DB47
    DB47 Darlington, WI

I also installed a couple of these. Love them.

• Susanne Woolley
    Susanne Woolley Vacaville, CA

Brilliant! I usually use my ironing board to hold the door open. This solution seems so much more "legit"! Lol. Thanks!

• Hildegarde
    Hildegarde Germany

I find the solution of a brick in a cloth bag or a sock much more appropriate for keeping doors open for a while - I agree wholly with Woodbridge Environmental..... and it is safer too in case of intruders, you can just shift the brick aside,

• Polly Zieper
    Polly Zieper Fort Lauderdale, FL

great idea! I'm so tired of propping my garage-laundry room door open to bring groceries in. I feel like an idiot for not thinking of it. I'm getting a doorstop like this one, tomorrow!

• T A Glover
    T A Glover San Marcos, CA

I've had a door stopper similar to the one in the picture on my interior garage door for 13 yrs & have never had a problem with the door closing on its own when the stopper is locked in the "up" position. The only time the door stopped closing on its

­