I have stucco on my home and I have a gap where the foundation and the stucco meets.

09.23.11
I have a slab foundation too. Can I use the foam insulation in a can to fill the gap around the bottom of the stucco around my home? I know that this is where some of the bugs are getting in my home. The reason why I know this is my daughter's room has a runner from my bermuda grass coming in her room.
  • HandyANDY - Handyman & All Repairs, LLC
    HI Gordon, why not send a pic of what you have? The first problem for me, is that the stucco is too close to the ground....generally, and I'm sure the others will comment, you want to see 4 to 6 inches clear from the ground...so in my mind, the stucco
  • Bob and RodMan S
    Bob and RodMan S Tucker, GA
    Spot on, Handy Andy! You can't fix it if you can't see it. And equally on target that there is a minimum space required between the grade of the soil and any finish product, stucco, wood or cement board siding. Some concern, too, that there are
  • Seth F
    Seth F Mcdonough, GA
    I would stay away from filling in with foam if you have to fill it in. I would stick with some sort of caulk or concrete. The reason being is termites. There is a reason that foam board backing is not used behind stucco at the grade or below
  • Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
    At this point all the ideas are great and all apply to different types of stucco systems. Stucco is a generic term used and does not explain at all what type of siding you have.
  • Wally Daly ,,Mastercarpenter,artist
    AS Woodbridge put its...guessing game. Back and forth. With no. Solution and or. foward motions
Gordon F