I passed up this buffet a couple of times before the price was right enough for me to buy it. It didn't look like much when I went to pick it up as it was hiding in a dimly lit barn, but when I got it home and really looked at it I was so glad I purchased it!
Before. It was ok, but a lot of the trim pieces on the bottom were missing, and some of the veneer was chipped.
I used Ash from Fusion Mineral Paints for the base layer, washed it with a color similar to French Linen from AS, and then highlighted a few select places with dark wax and gilding creme.
It still had a lovely wood top so I refinished it by sanding it down to the bare wood, giving it two coats of Java Gel from General Finishes and finished it with 3 coats of Varathane in satin.
The drawers had ink stains in them so I sealed them with shellac, painted them a pretty turquoise and lined them with fabric from Hobby Lobby.