Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

I needed to find a king size headboard - cheap!

Decor Ideas 09.14.13
So, I repurposed an old $10 door - http://mycoveredbridge.blogspot.com/2011/08/....
16 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 15 of 16 comments | See Previous
  • Chaya K
    Chaya K New York, NY
    Wow. That looks straight out of Crate&Barrel. Way to show that DIY can look polished and professional!
  • Marcy
    Marcy Southfield, MI
    Great idea! I have wanted to do something like that for a long time. I saw another DIYer do it a few years ago but I still haven't and probably won't ever get to it. You did a great job! it really does look very professional.
  • Kristen W
    Thanks everyone!
  • Joe Washington
    Joe Washington Marietta, GA
    The door is a tremendous idea. I took a more labor intensive route and built mine from new materials. I knew what I wanted in a headboard but couldn't find it anywhere. It was a fun and satisfying project.
  • Clarence N
    Clarence N Mililani, HI
    Posted earlier a headboard made entirely from scrap wood!!! Has a 3d mural featring a walkway and a sunsetting. Clarence "Tulips"
  • Andy M
    Andy M Atlanta, GA
    Seriously impressed with all of these projects. What an inspiring site. I'm definitely going to have to try one of these.
  • Sarah H
    Sarah H Torrance, CA
    What great inspiration. Since my husband and I are purchasing a house with a very small master, we finally decided to nix our bedroom set altogether and go without the bed frame or headboard. Now I know I can still have a headboard that wont take up much
  • Laura S
    Laura S Chicago, IL
    very nice!
  • Janis J
    Janis J Concord, CA
    So obvious but never thought of that! GREAT idea!!!!
  • Christy M
    Christy M Corona, CA
    Awesome look !!!! Love the door headboard
  • Melissa K
    Melissa K Blythewood, SC
    I had a full size headboard and manufactured it into a golden, lighted king-size one. First we attached 4x4 posts to the headboard and adjusted the width with wood panels at the bottom and midway up. Then we attached uplighting to both posts, painted
  • Melissa K
    Melissa K Blythewood, SC
    Oh and by the way, we attached wooden pineapples at the top of the posts. It was cute
  • The Space Between
    The Space Between Key West, FL
    That is seriously genius!!!
  • Sandra Chance
    Sandra Chance Bridgeport, AL
    That is a great idea...a friend of mine told me her granddaughter done the same thing and it looked fab...!!!
  • Vintage Headboards
    That's awesome! I also make headboards using old doors and new doors. Please take a look and let me know what you think http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h363/Fri...
Kristen W

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing