Our living room was looking a little dated and we wanted some new furniture. After looking on the classifies, we found a barrel chair for $25 but it needed some love. Here is a before and after of the chair.
To reupholster the chair, first I removed all the old fabric and cane sides. There was a lot of staples to remove...
Next I sanded the whole chair because the arms of the chair had been chewed on by the previous owners dog. After I clean the chair then re-stained it.
Next was attaching the new fabric and batting to the chair.
After all the fabric was added to the back of the chair, I then glued the cording to hide the staples.
Here is my finished chair one more time!
You can find more detailed information on how to DIY a barrel chair on my blog: