Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
10.03.11

i speayed oxalic acid on my pavers to get rid of sprinkler system rust. it worked well,

however it left a "white residue". it will not come off with water. any sugestions?

thanks

Tom

582 on Sep 30, 2011
3 Comments Displaying 3 of 3 comments
  • JL Spring & Associates
    Now you've done it..gotta use a stain remover to get rid of the stain remover residue left behind when you removed the original stain! Try some of the OXY-Everything products with some lundry detergent and a stiff brush on a stick in a bucket of
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Sherrie S
    Sherrie S Debary, FL
    I have terrible iron/rust from my sprinkler. My house was turning orange. The abosolutely best product for removing rust look is Rust Aid. Lowe's carries it. They tried to change to another product but I guess there were enough complaints that they
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    When all else fails, I use Barkeeper's Friend (basically oxalic acid) to get anything off anything. It often leaves some residue, though. As JL said, you should be able to get it off with enough soap, a scrubbing brush and elbow grease, but it could take
Tom